South Africa Info Forums
Classical music - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Trivia and Music Zone (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Trivia-and-Music-Zone)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: Classical music (/Thread-Classical-music)

Pages: 1 2

Classical music - Jangar - 14-02-2004

So which tunes excite you ? ( I almost said 'turn you on' but that would be a bad choice of words.... Blush )

I have 3:

Carmen Burena (sp)
Beethoven's 5'th symphony
Tocata in D minor

And even though I've an intense dislike to opera I love Kimera Smile

Classical music - Venus - 24-02-2004

I love most of Tchaikovski, my favourites being Capriccio Italien, Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture, the music from Swan Lake & Sleeping Beauty.

But my absolute bestest favourite classical piece is Beethoven's Symphony No. 7, Op 92 II Allegretto . It is so full of emotion & heartache that it never fails to give me a lump in the throat. What is so amazing about it is that Beethoven was already deaf by the time he wrote it.

Classical music - dudette - 25-02-2004

I love Rachmaninoff's 1st Piano Concerto (can't remember the key) and from Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite; the Morning Song, and 'In the Hall of the Mountain King'. My family think I'm quite mad, playing air conductor to it! Big Grin

Classical music - Pampered - 25-02-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
So which tunes excite you ? ( I almost said 'turn you on' but that would be a bad choice of words.... Blush )

I have 3:

Carmen Burena (sp)
Beethoven's 5'th symphony
Tocata in D minor

And even though I've an intense dislike to opera I love Kimera Smile

I quite like classical music, although for the life of me, I do not know who copsed what, I just know which songs I do or do not like. I did buy a classical cd a few years back for valentines, and it is lovely.

Carmina Burona is my favourite, though.....

Classical music - Ameniatha - 25-02-2004

I have a double cd called Nocturne, and on this there are a couple of my fav tunes..

Like:

Beethovens "moonshine sonate"

Debusy's "Claire de Lune"

and

Mendelssohns "Midsummernightsdream"

Classical music - edmonsta - 25-02-2004

Erm... I don't actually know any classical music by name....

BUT, before I get stoned to death by the masses for being a "musical philistine" (quote, heh heh)

I have actually, believe it or not, been to the "Classical Spectacular" at the Royal Albert Hall. Huh, huh, surprised you there, didn't I? Check how much culture I have....Big Grin

Anyway, I must admit, I really did enjoy it. I kinda like most of the contemporary stuff, I hate to admit... but it has to be played at ridiculous levels of volume for full effect.

I am actually trying to get my hands on a vinyl, called "son of the devil" which is a hard dance remix of a popular classical tune...Big Grin

Classical music - Li'lMo - 10-03-2004

Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
Check how much culture I have....Big Grin

Monsta! I'm impressed!

My absolute favourite has to be the 1812 Overture - I even conduct in front of the mirror ... sad, I know ...

Classical music - Jangar - 10-03-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Li'lMo
Monsta! I'm impressed!

My absolute favourite has to be the 1812 Overture - I even conduct in front of the mirror ... sad, I know ...

at least I'm not the only one... Blush

Classical music - Li'lMo - 10-03-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
at least I'm not the only one... Blush

I'm so glad I'm not either ... Thanks Jan!!! Big Grin
(Please note I even resisted the temptation to use that 'other' name!)

Classical music - Jangar - 10-03-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Li'lMo
I'm so glad I'm not either ... Thanks Jan!!! Big Grin
(Please note I even resisted the temptation to use that 'other' name!)

Duly noted Big Grin