South Africa Info Forums
Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Your Resources (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Resources)
+--- Forum: Your Food and Entertainment (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Food-and-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class (/Thread-Milton-Keynes-chef-Hawthorne-mastering-the-class)

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - ForumAdmin - 21-04-2008

Grant Hawthorne, head chef at The Plough Wavendon, recently a finalist in two categories of Restaurant Magazine's UK Best Dishes 2007, was yesterday elected to the position of Master Craftsman by the Craft Guild of Chefs at their annual general meeting and lunch, held in London.

The award – only a select handful of industry people receive this recognition - was bestowed for his services to the Guild and as an Ambassador for the Craft Guild of Chefs.

Jonathan Todd, owner of The Plough Wavendon commented: 'We are extremely proud of Grant's latest award. It is a testament to the commitment and ideals he displays in both the restaurant and in his ongoing charitable works for the local schools and county charity fund raising projects'
‘He is passionate about the food and service we deliver - he comments further - His support for local businesses, and in turn the local economy allows him to further enhance his position as one of the region's leading chefs: Something that I, as a successful Milton Keynes businessman, fully appreciate and support'.

Grant commented: "It's been my ambition to achieve Master Chef along with a Michelin star. At The Plough Wavendon I have been given an opportunity to do both and I'm extremely grateful for the support of Jon in helping me to achieve this."
He comments further: "Our award-winning, fine dining restaurant in Milton Keynes is where my passion and demonstration of the art and craft of cooking is to be found. I'm humbled by the Guild's recognition and respectful of the honour that goes with it".

Grant recently launched his 9-course Degustation menu, with the added option of having a flight of wines to match each course. He comments:
"The Plough's complimentary luxury transport; 300 bin wine list and some of the UK's Best Dishes are to be found a mere 7miles from Central Milton Keynes. The tasting menu simply adds to our fine dining experience."

The Plough Wavendon is open daily from noon, and its menu includes an affordable business set lunch along with a pre-theatre dinner served between 5.30pm and 7.00pm.

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - mcamp999 - 22-04-2008

Now I will never be able to afford a meal there Sad

Congrats Grant

With an agent to represent you we can go places Smile

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - TheDuck - 22-04-2008

a hearty congrats old chap

its going to be great to rub shoulders with the rich and famous

:blom:

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - Pronkertjie - 22-04-2008

I am so pleased for you! Well done!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:daisy:

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - sooibrand - 22-04-2008

Congratulations!!

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - gwasi - 22-04-2008

:great: :clap:
Well done - and there I was thinking the Milton Keynes only had dodgy architecture and roundabouts. Chuffed for you.

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - Britbok - 22-04-2008

Congratulations Grant, can you not move your restaurant closer to us Big Grin

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - Joan - 22-04-2008

Congrats and well done Grant, I know Carina and Antonio said it was a bit dear to eat there, but they knew you were a winner

So impressed with your performance!

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - Jangar - 22-04-2008

ok: Congrats cook ok:

Milton Keynes chef Hawthorne mastering the class - Cheffie - 23-04-2008

Thank you all for the kind wishes and congrats.

It's been an exciting year so far and looks to be more exciting over the coming months.

Onwards to the MCA. The big one next year.. :thumbs:

[SIZE="1"]Mcamp.. expensive is relative. As an agent.. perhaps your fees/ work needs to be upped? :innocent:
Big Grin[/SIZE]