South Africa Info Forums
One hit wonders or 80's songs - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Trivia and Music Zone (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Trivia-and-Music-Zone)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: One hit wonders or 80's songs (/Thread-One-hit-wonders-or-80-s-songs--601)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

One hit wonders or 80's songs - Venus - 30-07-2006

Jangar Wrote:Oh dear !!!!

The Missus has banned me from singing along to old 80's songs Blush

Not sure if it's because I sing badly, or because I (don't) remember the words corectly... :haha:

Anyways, Murray Head's (ABBA's) "One Night in Bangkok" was playing on the radio today and I just had to sing along :p

I didn't ban you, I just threatened to sing louder. :p

What lovely memories this "old" thread has stirred. I remember going to a fantastic work party around the late '80s/early '90s & The Bats were playing live. They were fabulous! We had such a party! :jive:

One hit wonders or 80's songs - Jangar - 30-07-2006

Venus Wrote:I didn't ban you, I just threatened to sing louder. :p

:jive:

Same difference :jester:

One hit wonders or 80's songs - Ade - 31-07-2006

jimswin Wrote:Oh yeah..... The Rotunda in Cape town...
...and the Aquarius in Camps Bay, don't remember what bands were on there, after a 5 litre box (between 3 or 4 of us) of no-name brand wyn at R5 a box it was hard to remember anything!

One hit wonders or 80's songs - alwayssmilin - 31-07-2006

Whenever I start singing my other half says to me "dont sing babes", I think it is because he is jealous he cannot sing like me!!!!!!!!

One hit wonders or 80's songs - rlsuth - 31-07-2006

Tara Wrote:Do you get it though?

Nielen Mirror/ Allan Faull - Faull and Mirror - Falling Mirror . Big Grin

Only problem is, his name was actually Nielen Marais, and he started calling himself Nielen Mirror, some time after the band became a bit of a success.
(God I hate these threads. No need to remind me of how old I am). Sad

ps Here is some info on them: http://www.rock.co.za/files/fm_jctc_notes2.html

One hit wonders or 80's songs - gwasi - 31-07-2006

Gregg Wrote:How about...............

Robin Auld...... You are all of Women??? :thumbs:

Ha used to see him at the Brass Bell and also won tickets on Radio 5 to watch him at The Three Arts in PLumstead - what a dump

Evoid also sang 'Shadows'

Saw Mango Grove in Market Theatre for the Freddie Mecury Benefit (what a man)

Saw the last ever Top of the Pops last night and was singing and dancing to the songs from the past 40 years - got laughed at by a 6 year old.

Haven't been banned though - Just sing J just sing. Venus will join in, won't you V?

One hit wonders or 80's songs - Venus - 01-08-2006

gwasi Wrote:Haven't been banned though - Just sing J just sing. Venus will join in, won't you V?

Imagine this, you're confined in a car, it's 32°C, a really brilliant song starts playing on the radio & the artist suddenly gains a rather out of tune backing vocalist. :noway: Confusedad: But it gets worse, Sad the backing vocalist then decides to drum too, removes his hands from the steering wheel & then veers across the road. :yikes: I have aged, I tell you! :bigcry:

One hit wonders or 80's songs - Cheffie - 01-08-2006

Venus Wrote:Imagine this, you're confined in a car, it's 32°C, a really brilliant song starts playing on the radio & the artist suddenly gains a rather out of tune backing vocalist. :noway: Confusedad: But it gets worse, Sad the backing vocalist then decides to drum too, removes his hands from the steering wheel & then veers across the road. :yikes: I have aged, I tell you!

:haha: Classic :thumbs:

Buy him a course of singing lessons at the local choir Wink

One hit wonders or 80's songs - Strawbs - 01-08-2006

You okes are forgetting the No.1 of One hit wonders....

I am the one and only.... Chesney Hawkes

:crylol:

One hit wonders or 80's songs - gwasi - 01-08-2006

Venus Wrote:Imagine this, you're confined in a car, it's 32°C, a really brilliant song starts playing on the radio & the artist suddenly gains a rather out of tune backing vocalist. :noway: Confusedad: But it gets worse, Sad the backing vocalist then decides to drum too, removes his hands from the steering wheel & then veers across the road. :yikes: I have aged, I tell you! :bigcry:

a dose of his own medicine will do the trick

One hit wonder - 'First Time' - that coke advert from the 80's

First time, first love, oh what feeling is this .....yadda yadda yadda'