South Africa Info Forums
You are what you eat - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Your Resources (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Resources)
+--- Forum: Your Health, Fitness and Wellbeing (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Health-Fitness-and-Wellbeing)
+--- Thread: You are what you eat (/Thread-You-are-what-you-eat)

You are what you eat - jewels - 21-10-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Jewels, welcome back, nice to see you on board again! Big Grin

So, I have been really good lately, cutting out all coffee, even if it is decaf. I have invested in some nettle tea, Sue, this is great! I don't know why I have not bought it ages ago. I really like the taste and the fact that it is good for you, even better! :thumbs:

Hope you all have a smashing day!

hi !!!!

what is nettle tea? and where can u get it ? (me and my questions!)

brekkie - yoghurt and kiwi
lunch - 3 roast chicken drumsticks and a small banana

unfort, they have stopped putting choccie biscuits on the training room desk !!!!

hope to get to a real desk monday !!!!

You are what you eat - jewels - 21-10-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
Thanks Cubbie and Dolla

I really don't know what is wrong with me. Sad

Have been ill for the last month and nothing seems to be helping. Spent 6 hours in hospital on Tues night having every test imaginable......blood, ECG, chest x-rays etc
They couldn't find anything and said it's likely that I have some sort of virus...the only cure of which is plenty rest!! Rolleyes

Seems strange when I have a fever, a stiff neck, swollen glands in my neck, heart palpitations etc.

As for food.....I haven't really felt like eating properly for the past month so I've probably lost a few kg's....although haven't been able to go to the gym, so maybe not!! Big Grin

oh no gregg - what have they said? maybe it is stress related - altho u might not feel it, u know with the job move and that, it can soemtimes manifest in other ways ?

hope u get better soon

You are what you eat - Dolla - 21-10-2004

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
hi !!!!

what is nettle tea? and where can u get it ? (me and my questions!)

brekkie - yoghurt and kiwi
lunch - 3 roast chicken drumsticks and a small banana

unfort, they have stopped putting choccie biscuits on the training room desk !!!!

hope to get to a real desk monday !!!!

Well, nettle tea is made of er nettles :haha: I buy mine from Holland and Barrett, can get it from any health shop I think.

Hope you get a real desk too, we miss you!

You are what you eat - suep - 22-10-2004

I need to do a serious shop this weekend.......I have run out of everything......

breakfast was porridge...with prunes
pear mid morning
lunch was pasta with veggies..(home made)

havnt even thought about dinner tonight Rolleyes

I need to do a Holland and Barratt shop as well...I have no seeds left

and as for nettle tea....if anyone wants mine i will send it to them!!!!!!!! Sick

You are what you eat - jewels - 22-10-2004

i have only just managed to get on here

nettles? doesnt that sting you? :haha:
mmmmmmmmmmm i might not dare try that, im not found of gren tea, nevermind that nettle !

suep - ur menu doesnt sound too bad !

im getting hungry now and i have a large slice of cake on my desk that i bought from the trolley sandwich lady at new place !

You are what you eat - Dolla - 22-10-2004

I have been very good today, no M&M's.........yet Big Grin
I can't explain what the nettle tea tastes like, it definitely does not smell to good, but I just lurve the taste! Smile
I am off to the gym tonight, so will probably have something light for dinner, with my M&M's.

Oe, I just love Holland and Barratt, I can spend ages in there and just want to buy everything :haha:

You are what you eat - lols - 22-10-2004

Sorry have not been on here for a while. My get fit regine started in ernest this week.

Have cut down on all coffee, tea etc. The only hot drink I have which is first thing in the morning is warm boiled water and lemon juice. Works wonders to clear the organs out

At the moment I am not doing anything too complicated at the gym am on a program mainly to get fit and reduce my hrt rate. Yep I am extremely unfit. . I am hoping to be able to go to the gym at least 3 times a week.

Gregg hope you feel better soon.

jewels have you moved jobs sorry missed alot.

You are what you eat - suep - 24-10-2004

Quote:Originally posted by lols
Sorry have not been on here for a while. My get fit regine started in ernest this week.

Have cut down on all coffee, tea etc. The only hot drink I have which is first thing in the morning is warm boiled water and lemon juice. Works wonders to clear the organs out

At the moment I am not doing anything too complicated at the gym am on a program mainly to get fit and reduce my hrt rate. Yep I am extremely unfit. . I am hoping to be able to go to the gym at least 3 times a week.

Gregg hope you feel better soon.

jewels have you moved jobs sorry missed alot.

Sorry...only just noticed this lols Rolleyes

Well done for making a start....you will be amazed at how quick you feel the benefits......

if you want any Weigh Less magazines to give you some menu ideas pm me and I will post some to you..... :thumbs: good luck....expect to see you in here telling us of your progress Big Grin

You are what you eat - lols - 24-10-2004

thanks sue.

You are what you eat - Dolla - 25-10-2004

Good morning all!

Wow, what a weekend, eating wise I was absolutely rubbish, had ice cream and other treats yesterday, well I had to treat myself after running my first marathon! :haha:

I am back to eating healthy, I think I have gained a kilo or two, the trousers are a bit tighter :eek:

So cutting out all dairy and caffeine for a bit, luckily I don't eat a lot of carbs, so I am lucky that way...
Wish me luck! Big Grin