South Africa Info Forums
You are what you eat - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Your Resources (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Resources)
+--- Forum: Your Health, Fitness and Wellbeing (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Your-Health-Fitness-and-Wellbeing)
+--- Thread: You are what you eat (/Thread-You-are-what-you-eat)

You are what you eat - Dolla - 05-08-2004

Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
Jirre.....I still LOVE that name......think I should try it out!! I'll enquire at my gym and see if they go that far!! :rofl:

LOL, you are going to get a kick out of it....go and see if there is any at your gym. It has been around for 50 years this year, so I am sure they would have it. It is worth it....Big Grin

Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
:eek:

I think I'll be on the double vodkas then!! Big Grin

Someone tell me what my ideal body weight should be?
I think I'm pretty much spot on!!

For 6 foot 2 or 1m 86 tall.

You are fine, at least you were fine the last time I saw you! :p

Quote:Originally posted by jewels
u ppl are making me feel bad
i only did about 30 mins cardio at the gym tuesday
tonight i am off to a friend for supper so no gym

after my ham salad - i had a packet of monster munch and 1 foxes cream and one choc chip cookiieeeeeeeee
:bigcry:

this thread is motivation i think - keep it going !!!

pronker - yum yum apricot jam Smile

Ag no man! Big Grin Just remember, it is 30 mins more than normal, so every little bit helps. Enjoy that dinner...

You are what you eat - Icecub - 05-08-2004

i am making lekker pork ribs, with mixed veggies, baked potatoes......mm.....smaak heerlik....**drool drool**

Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
oops....:RIP: ...:p

Body Mass Index

You have a Body Mass Index of 25.1

This suggests you are slightly overweight.

You may be a risk for health problems including type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure.

How the assessment is made
The following figures outline the ranges found within BMI measurement

Recommended BMI Chart
Underweight BMI less than 20
Ideal BMI 20-25
Overweight BMI 25-30
Should lose weight BMI 30-40
Lose weight now BMI greater than 40

check it out here is the link..... http://www.thefitmap.com

Eish, mine is 19. Surely this can't be right? I am DEFINITELY not underweight...

Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Now, I am no food expert, but I try to eat as healthy as possible. I just couldn't believe this week's episode! That women has NEVER bought or made a salad. I live on them 5 days a week!!!

Also, she gagged and nearly vomitted when she had to eat sauarkraut (sp). Surely it is not that bad? I was amazed to see that she actually stuck out with it and lost some weight. Quite sweet that the guy actually took up rugby again.
Sometimes I think these people just don't know any better. They were brought up on a chocolate and crisps for breakfast. Vicious circle

also why do ppl still make chips using frying pans....buy the ready made variety and pop them in the oven...that way it is safe and healthier to eat...no fat or oil at all....Rolleyes

Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
i am making lekker pork ribs, with mixed veggies, baked potatoes......mm.....smaak heerlik....**drool drool**

I am absolutely starving, that sounds wonderful....*drool*

also why do ppl still make chips using frying pans....buy the ready made variety and pop them in the oven...that way it is safe and healthier to eat...no fat or oil at all....Rolleyes

I know, you can do them without any yukky oil, and you can buy the "light" one... Just lazy I tell ya Wink

You are what you eat - Almitra - 05-08-2004

I do think it is healthier without fat/oil, but don't they also use chemicals to treat the ovenbake chips - so that they don't color and last longer in the fridge ? That's just something I heard the other day ......

Quote:Originally posted by Almitra
I do think it is healthier without fat/oil, but don't they also use chemicals to treat the ovenbake chips - so that they don't color and last longer in the fridge ? That's just something I heard the other day ......

even if they do....it beats watching a pot of oil on a gas stove - making sure you do not burn yourself or your son......Wink safer....Smile