Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is the best restaurant in CT?
i dont care if people put their noses up at spur, its good value and almost always good food........we went to the one by the southern sun in the city.
also ate at dros, nice enough but we were put off by the screaming baby near by, i couldnt even finish my prawns, just pay and go.
also tried ocean basket, fast food but a bit pricey for something so basic really, but pleasant.
sometimes the cheapo places are best
also at at tannie evita se perron.......lekker boerekos
may you all lead interesting lives, also, may you fall in love with africa
No Cheffie - still not !!! :bigcry:

The Spur has always been a favourite for family meals - had a wonderful meal there two weeks ago - 'surf&turf' - steak with prawns on a skewer - delicious !!!

Mphumalanga - I'm surprised you did not get good food and/or service at Spier ?

Would love to go to Evita's Perron, too - heard it's really great.

Overall it seems that you've had a great experience - good to hear that !!
Pronkertjie Wrote:Oi!!
You guys know only Cape Town.... at least the Valies travel to the Cape, Kwa Zulu Natal, Mpumalanga, Free State and even over the seas....

Those damn CY number plates! (yes, I am that old).

Welcome to Cape Town. Now get out! Smile
rlsuth Wrote:Those damn CY number plates! (yes, I am that old).

Welcome to Cape Town. Now get out! : )

You bet the CY number plates will all be seen in Gauteng this July school holiday...... there is no electricity in the Cape ...... :confused: :babyroll: :rofl: :dazed:

:jive:
rlsuth Wrote:Those damn CY number plates! (yes, I am that old).

Welcome to Cape Town. Now get out! Smile
Richard, the Cape Province still uses the same old number plates, even CY, CX etc

So do not think you are that old!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mmm:
Almitra Wrote:No Cheffie - still not !!! :bigcry:

:haha:

Looks like the old man is going to have to fly you there :thumbs: ... after a day in the winelands, and a short trip to down to the point.

Personally I'd milk it if I were you Wink He's had ample warning.. ample time.. :wall: and he has email.. :innocent:

I too was surprised about Spier. Heard great things about the place.. though never been since the upgrade.
Cheffie Wrote:Looks like the old man is going to have to fly you there :thumbs: ... after a day in the winelands, and a short trip to down to the point.

Personally I'd milk it if I were you He's had ample warning.. ample time.. and he has email.. :innocent:

I too was surprised about Spier. Heard great things about the place.. though never been since the upgrade.

Hey even if I was not around for 5 days i still read afterwards .. :tired:

Yeah soon Bokkie - when I am back. But soory our credit card is crying right now ... yeah sorry I visited Swarovski, Breitling, Leica and Sony shops in Swiss - sorry Spur will have to do (nothing wrong with it) Wink

Cheffie - be warned - I am watching u :cloud9:
FlyingBok Wrote:- sorry Spur will have to do (nothing wrong with it) Wink

:haha: FB!

Nice try.. but I think madam will not settle for the Spur as she knows there's a cookbook to buy from La Colombe too Wink

Worried bout the voyeuristic stuff.. is it my sense of style/ short hair or the way I roll my hips that you wish to emulate?
Big Grin
Cheffie Wrote::haha:

Looks like the old man is going to have to fly you there :thumbs: ... after a day in the winelands, and a short trip to down to the point.

Personally I'd milk it if I were you Wink He's had ample warning.. ample time.. :wall: and he has email.. :innocent:

Sadly, he's so busy flying all over that it just seems I'll be last on the list ........ ample warning - but never ample time :bigcry:

Been to Spier lately - and everything was magnificent - pity Mr & Mrs Mmphumalanga had such a bad experience at such a great place .......
FlyingBok Wrote:Hey even if I was not around for 5 days i still read afterwards .. :tired:

Yeah soon Bokkie - when I am back. But soory our credit card is crying right now ... yeah sorry I visited Swarovski, Breitling, Leica and Sony shops in Swiss - sorry Spur will have to do (nothing wrong with it) Wink

Won't settle for Spur, but Svarowski will do nicely, thank you !!!
:cloud9:

PS: And he thinks I'm a spoilt brat - wonder where he get's THAT from ?? :mmm:
:rofl: