Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mrs Balls Chutney recipe.. Excellent
Found this on the net and tried it.

It turned out the next best thing to the original that we have tried

mrsballschutney.com/Mrs_Ball_s_Chutney_Recipe.html

Try it if you like the original
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]
This is a big recipe Jim - did you make ALL of it? Smile
Thanx Jim,

Will have to try it as I love Mrs B's chutney and it is very scarce and expensive in Denmark.
Pronkertjie Wrote:This is a big recipe Jim - did you make ALL of it? Smile

Hi Pronkertjie,

no I halved the quantities and it still turned out OK. The only problem we had in Germany is that dried peaches are difficult to find, and then once you do find them, they are expensive.

The other thing about making chutney is the smell of the vinegar through the house, but you get over that.

Nothing nicer than a nice bit of bread with cheese (grated) and Mrs balls chutney.!! Or with a curry
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]
jimswin Wrote:Hi Pronkertjie,

no I halved the quantities and it still turned out OK. The only problem we had in Germany is that dried peaches are difficult to find, and then once you do find them, they are expensive.

The other thing about making chutney is the smell of the vinegar through the house, but you get over that.

Nothing nicer than a nice bit of bread with cheese (grated) and Mrs balls chutney.!! Or with a curry

[COLOR="Purple"]Good for you! I made spiced apple chutney last week and the vinegar smell was quite strong too. I have to wait two months for it to "mature" but I scraped the pot with a piece of cheese and it was yummy. Very simple to make.

:daisy:[/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meat Balls in sauce with mash or rice mcamp999 0 3,871 07-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Crumpet recipe please berlyn 0 5,895 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Recipe Convertor Cheffie 0 3,712 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: