Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rasmus
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Thanks - will check out HIM...

Must say, like these "dark" bands a bit myself.....

Wink

Then you will like HIM

the lead vocalist has a captivating voice and very powerful

They had a Top 10 hit about 2 to 3 years ago.

Here is a link you may find interesting:

http://virtual.finland.fi/finfo/english/lightmus.html
Quote:Originally posted by TheDuck
Then you will like HIM

Thanks....
Will have to look a bit later, am on my way to an interview!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
JannieBoy! I have a 1965 pressing of the Dave Brubeck Quartet. Sonically it is the most amazing piece of musical software I own. Anyone who wants to argue with me about vinyl has obviously never ever heard this sort of quality or is tone deaf. However it is also a very approachable jazz album - a greatest hits. Dave Brubeck did a very catchy number called "Take Five" which most people know. Someone else to lsiten to is Miles Davies. Listen to his album Tutu in a pitch dark room and experience the intensity and feel that the music has. Jazz can be an extremely expressive form of music one which people like ABBA can never hope to attain! Big Grin :p

BTW my best purchase of the week is Guns n Roses Greatest Hits! Listen to it at maximum volume!

Firstly to annoy The Duck, the greatest Finnish band ever are 'Darude' and I am sure that Edmonsta will agree with me :p

Pica - If I didn't know you better I'd be ever so slightly upset Wink (BTW have you done your review on 'Johnny Calls The Chemist' yet ? )

My best pressing is Donna Summer's picture disc of 'Macauthor Park (and I can't spell !!!! ) and I am sure that no jazz pressing can beat it....

Sadly when I think of Jazz, I think of Ella, Louie and the likes which are my dad's favourites...

As for ABBA not being expressive I sense a discussion coming up Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Firstly to annoy The Duck, the greatest Finnish band ever are 'Darude' and I am sure that Edmonsta will agree with me

:haha: Spot on :thumbs:

I've got both "Feel the Beat" and "Sandstorm" on vinyl... Big Grin
Quote:[i]As for ABBA not being expressive I sense a discussion coming up Big Grin [/B]

Trust you to bring ABBA into my threadWink
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Trust you to bring ABBA into my threadWink

Pamela dearie, some people just have no taste do they! Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by TheDuck
Then you will like HIM

Ooh Ducks you are into Satanic music then! I ahve to agree though that they are good. There new cover of Solitary Man is excellent! :thumbs:
Thanks - will check out HIM...

Must say, like these "dark" bands a bit myself.....

Wink

Mmmm I agree! I have found myself listening to darker and darker music of late! Now if only I could get a sexy Goth chick to listen to it with me! Big Grin
Mmmm I agree! I have found myself listening to darker and darker music of late! Now if only I could get a sexy Goth chick to listen to it with me!

How about Kelly Osbourne :haha:
Pamela dearie, some people just have no taste do they! Big Grin

Nope!! Ruining my perfectly good thread!Wink Big Grin
--Mahatma Gandhi