Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One hit wonders or 80's songs
Now I'm remembering.
Rabbit had a big hit with "Charlie" around mid 70's (I think). I was a "young un" then!! Trevor (Rabin)? left to be with a group called "Yes".
Clout was an all girls band who had a huge hit with "Substitute" towards the late 70's (I think)
The Bats were way before my time but have heard of them.
The lead singer (I think) was someone called Eddie Ekstein who was/still is a bit of a "comic".

Oh dear, the title of this thread is one hit wonders or 80's music & now we are even going further back & mentioning groups who had more than one hit wonders from before the 80's.

Isn't it nice to reminisce?
Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
Bobby McFerrin Wink

And don't forget the Ray.......as in Billy Ray Cyrus!! :haha:

And to think the women used to dig him....just because of his long hair!!! Rolleyes

Him ... and Michael Bolton - ol' whiny-voice himself! Sick
Earth is full. Go home!
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
Gregg Captain of Her Heart was by a group called Double (pronounced dooblay). I found that on vinyl a few years back.

That's the one Pic......thanks for helping me to remember the group!!
Damn....now I've got this song going round and round in my head!!
Phuza, Bepha , Souza!!
PJ Powers....Jabulani
Evoid....?(man it's a ****** when you can't remember titles):dazed:
Quote:Originally posted by tokoloshie
PJ Powers....Jabulani
Evoid....?(man it's a ****** when you can't remember titles):dazed:

Taximan!!

:thumbs:
Phuza, Bepha , Souza!!
Quote:Originally posted by Gregg
Taximan!!

:thumbs:

that's the one...cheers bud..Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Curio
Now I'm remembering.
Rabbit had a big hit with "Charlie" around mid 70's (I think). I was a "young un" then!! Trevor (Rabin)? left to be with a group called "Yes".
Clout was an all girls band who had a huge hit with "Substitute" towards the late 70's (I think)
The Bats were way before my time but have heard of them.
The lead singer (I think) was someone called Eddie Ekstein who was/still is a bit of a "comic".

Supergroup YES would be more appropriate, most definitely one of the top acts ever and still going strong...on Tour as well at the moment. Trevor made quite an impression on their sound. Another "Rabbitt" I think it was Duncan Faure, went to The Bay City Rollers. They had quite a few hits including Hard Ride and they also did the theme for the TV sitcom Dingleys Bookshop.
Clout were around in the mid - late 70's, used to go see them at the Vic near Joeys station.
The Bats have been around for ever...Eddie Eksteen and Paul Ditchfield spring to mind.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
Quote:Originally posted by spam
Supergroup YES would be more appropriate, most definitely one of the top acts ever and still going strong...on Tour as well at the moment. Trevor made quite an impression on their sound. Another "Rabbitt" I think it was Duncan Faure, went to The Bay City Rollers. They had quite a few hits including Hard Ride and they also did the theme for the TV sitcom Dingleys Bookshop.
Clout were around in the mid - late 70's, used to go see them at the Vic near Joeys station.
The Bats have been around for ever...Eddie Eksteen and Paul Ditchfield spring to mind.

Yip Duncan Faura did go to BCR.
Oh dear !!!!

The Missus has banned me from singing along to old 80's songs Blush

Not sure if it's because I sing badly, or because I (don't) remember the words corectly... :haha:

Anyways, Murray Head's (ABBA's) "One Night in Bangkok" was playing on the radio today and I just had to sing along :p
Big Grin

u will just have to come visit .. as singing is allowed here and admired by all TheDuck children

Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Songs that mix great together.... Jangar 0 3,845 25-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  The 20 Best Pop Songs Ever ! Jangar 38 13,509 05-12-2004, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Extremely emotional songs... Jangar 15 7,778 09-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Last Post: party boy
  Songs that tug on a feeling TheDuck 3 4,120 06-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Almitra
  love songs Safferbeauty 14 8,469 27-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Last Post: birdie
  Songs to make one feel better after a relationship "bust up". Curio 13 8,163 23-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Last Post: edmonsta