Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smacking children
quote:Originally posted by Joan

is smacking really a criminal offence in certain countries... what if one admitted to doing it openly on the internet?

Joan, I know of someone who smacked their child in the UK. The child phoned 911 and the cops went to the house. The cops did realise that the kid had over reacted, BUT cautioned the parents that the address was logged and any further calls from child then action would be taken.

I found this news article on the subject.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3866747.stm
Quote:Originally posted by angelbabe
quote:Originally posted by Joan

is smacking really a criminal offence in certain countries... what if one admitted to doing it openly on the internet?

Joan, I know of someone who smacked their child in the UK. The child phoned 911 and the cops went to the house. The cops did realise that the kid had over reacted, BUT cautioned the parents that the address was logged and any further calls from child then action would be taken.

I found this news article on the subject.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3866747.stm

Thanks angel, I recall government here discussing the issue.
What a pity more time and energy is spent criminalising parents than educating them as to how governments wish parents to behave in regard to disciplining and training their children!

I hadn't realised it was in fact illegal in so many countries ... thanks, Angelbabe Smile
Smacking is illegal in Denmark too....this is sad I feel, cause some children clearly would react better to discipline by being given a light smack..

The problem over here is that they do not distuinguish between a thorough beating/molestation and a smack, so they banned everything. I can understand this though...

But haven't we all used the slapping of fingers etc on our own toddlers at some point anyway??
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Reading this thread reminds me of what I heard in Springbok, whil standing in line at the supermarket.....

The little girl was throwing a little bit of a tantrum and the mother said "Jy moet nie jou nate hier staat en oop rek nie, ek werk dit nou vir jou met die plathand toe! "

:daisy:
Quote:Originally posted by Pronkertjie
Reading this thread reminds me of what I heard in Springbok, whil standing in line at the supermarket.....

The little girl was throwing a little bit of a tantrum and the mother said "Jy moet nie jou nate hier staat en oop rek nie, ek werk dit nou vir jou met die plathand toe! "

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pronks, that statement brought back some memories. I heard my ouma saying that a few times. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Ameniatha
Smacking is illegal in Denmark too....this is sad I feel, cause some children clearly would react better to discipline by being given a light smack..

The problem over here is that they do not distuinguish between a thorough beating/molestation and a smack, so they banned everything. I can understand this though...

But haven't we all used the slapping of fingers etc on our own toddlers at some point anyway??

I have , that is for sure....fortunately it was not illegal!
I wonder how any government can think that by making smacking "illegal" it will prevent child abuse...

:mad:
Joan, I could not agree more..

Over here the state feels very responsible for the well being of children overall...

But I think they are in any case blinkered to the real problems.
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 tips to surviving the holidays with children dudette 5 4,999 23-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gwasi
  Children & Emigration Venus 13 8,196 30-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha
  Children!! Cali 5 4,459 20-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Cali
  Children are so quick.... Pronkertjie 1 3,651 28-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Last Post: penelope
  The questions children ask TheDuck 16 8,113 14-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Venus
  What benefits am I entitled to in the UK with children mcamp999 3 7,428 28-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Helaina
  Teaching our children Afrikaans dudette 6 6,602 26-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Last Post: hantam
  Stereotypes and children Cali 8 5,553 04-01-2005, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Cali
  Famous children's stories Curio 11 7,159 22-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Almitra
  Why God Created Children lols 4 3,687 09-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Last Post: dudette