Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
11 million to be employed by 2030
Pretoria - Eleven million people will be employed by 2030, says President Jacob Zuma.

Delivering the State of the Nation Addressto a joint sitting of Parliament on Thursday, the President said the economy needed to grow threefold to create the desired jobs.

“The National Development Plan (NDP) outlines interventions that can put the economy on a better footing. The target for job creation is set at 11 million by 2030.

“In my last meeting with the business community, the sector indicated that for the economy to grow threefold, we must remove certain obstacles.

“We will engage business, labour and other social partners in pursuit of solutions. No single force acting individually can achieve the objectives we have set for ourselves,” he said.

Tourism has also been identified as one of the country’s job drivers.

In 2010, Zuma announced the Job fund. Three billion rand has been approved for projects that will create jobs he explained.

"Last May I asked constituencies at Nedlac to discuss youth employment incentives. I am pleased that discussions have been concluded and that agreement has been reached on key principles. The parties will sign the Accord later this month.”

Last year, the National Planning Commission handed over the National Development Plan, the vision of the country for the next 20 years, to the President.

The NDP contains proposals for tackling the problems of poverty, inequality and unemployment.

“The Programme of Action will be implemented differently as the activities of departments must be aligned with the National Development Plan,” he said. –SAnews.gov.za

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  R10 million project to benefit Bredasdorp Newsroom 0 2,663 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  CWP to create one million work opportunities Newsroom 0 2,577 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Minister to create 6 million work opportunities Newsroom 0 2,644 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: