Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Cup of Encouragement
Oom Rob Wrote:So interesting to read and reminded me so much of my first mother in law - nothing her daughter or I ever did was right or good enough, and as I was much younger and much cheekier then I knew that come a time I was going to say something that I was going to regret.

So I had a chat to my dad about it and he gave me some wonderful advice.

About three days later we were painting the inside walls of our house and she came to visit. As soon as she walked into the house and saw the colours she started. So taking my dad's advice, I thanked her for her oppinion but reminded her that it was our home and that I did not enter her home and start comenting, therefore we did not mind suggestions but if all she could do was criticise then it would be appreciated if they could be left on the door step when she came in. (I wish I could show you the total picture of delight that appeared on my father in laws face - he had to go into the garden in case he laughed out loud inside). Never again did she criticise in our home.

Speaking to my dad later about what I had done, he said a funny thing to me, inthat he said that I had always had faith and by doing what I did in the manner that I did it without raising my voice or losing my temper showed that I had been guided through it. My late dad hardly ever discussed religion, so this really surprised me coming from him.

Icecub I'm thinking of you - big hug coming your way.

i am going to take your advice..as we currently having problems with my sister in law..regarding my late father in law's estate.... :dazed: ... going to say a few things when i see her next month....:thumbs:

i wish i had seen your father in law's face....but good for you....:thumbs:

Rob..thanks for you know what - which came into my inbox yesterday...:hug: and thanks for the hug....(9mwah))

Messages In This Thread
A Cup of Encouragement - by Pronkertjie - 16-03-2005, 08:12 AM
A Cup of Encouragement - by Pronkertjie - 16-03-2005, 08:23 AM
A Cup of Encouragement - by Sue Johnson - 16-03-2005, 08:39 AM
A Cup of Encouragement - by Icecub - 16-03-2005, 09:23 AM
A Cup of Encouragement - by Oom Rob - 16-03-2005, 09:55 AM
A Cup of Encouragement - by Icecub - 16-03-2005, 10:00 AM
A Cup of Encouragement - by Pronkertjie - 16-03-2005, 01:32 PM
A Cup of Encouragement - by Pronkertjie - 16-03-2005, 01:34 PM