Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum
Ray Wrote:a ) Namely , if you start doing well in the gym , then some muscle should replace some flab ( fat ) , and with muscle being heavier , your weight should then go up , not down! This might disappoint you as you check the scales...
b ) For those who are "quite" overweight , it would be prudent to ask your usual doctor , about the scope of exercise advisable , before you injure yourself , or worse...( Not that most of Brit-GPs are much "with it" , what to do ? ).
c ) in the long run , yo-yo dieting and watching one's weight up'n'down'n'up again , is only a torture and a heartbreak ; long-term weight loss by better nutrition and permanent good habits seems a better answer , as in : avoiding/cutting out the white bread & other over-refined starches , the lager , the spirits , the animal fats ( except goat cheese ) , making sure of bran/roughage and fruit for breakfast , not indulging in sugary stuff , not drinking booze on empty stomach ( as sensations of hunger pangs soon follow ) ...
The subject is dear to my heart so : Sorry , to be such a bore!

Quite right Ray, I for one am one who excercises on a regular basis, but had a very bad year last year due to medical complications that completely ruined my training regime. I thus have to play serious catch up. The exercises that I will start off in the gymn will all be designed to burn carbs, and apart from stomach exercises I will be leaving any weights till later in the year. The diet change has already started taking place and is having limited effect so far.

So, lets see what the future brings Smile

Messages In This Thread
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum - by mcamp999 - 04-01-2006, 11:53 AM
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum - by TracyW - 04-01-2006, 04:26 PM
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum - by Icecub - 05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum - by Icecub - 19-01-2006, 05:02 PM
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum - by Icecub - 25-01-2006, 03:04 PM
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum - by Icecub - 28-01-2006, 05:27 PM
2006 Flab Fighting & Fitness Feedback Forum - by Icecub - 20-02-2006, 01:39 PM