Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My personal views on moving to NZ and Oz!!!
So explanatory , and focused on things that should matter most !
In particular , I concur with your views on culture nad lifestyle , while regretting the spread of global Americanisation ( allthough I find this less noticeable here , than in S.A. or U.K. - must be the language...or the respect for the traditions???).
In about 1989 , after one burglary too many , my very good friend
( a neighbour , originally ) sold up his good advertising business and a lovely home in Joeyz and took himself , the wife and 2 small sons to an insecure new beginning , in Melbourne ; even though : at that time , I remember , our S.A. lifestyle and standards of living ( accommodation , cars , clothes , travel , entertaining ) were perceived by many - rightly or not ? - as well above Aussie-corresponding ones ; in fact , when the company I worked for in the 80's had to dispatch a team of a few expert diesel fitters to Australia , ( since there weren't any such ones to be found there , apparently ) "on loan" to a sister-firm there - on their return , those guys thought that S.A. was "much better" place to live , and they would be referring to material comforts and affordabilities...I wonder if that still remains so ?

Messages In This Thread
My personal views on moving to NZ and Oz!!! - by Ray - 08-01-2006, 08:43 AM