Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parties
:duh:

Need diplomacy here and not sure how to go about it. Why don't things like this come in a nice book like 'Parenting for Dummies'! :rofl:

Connor is 7 next month and I am planning his birthday party. He's decided on a place, and I decided that at £8.50 a child (!!) he can only invite six other children. Last year he invited a few who didn't pitch up, no phone call, nothing, just didn't come and at £8.50 a head I DO NOT want a repeat of this! So these children are off the list for a start. But how do I make sure the other ones will come. I don't want to hand out six invites if some of them aren't going to make it, thus leaving me with spaces and no more invites. How do I do this diplomatically?

Last year there was a child who cried as he wasn't invited. He's not my favourite type of child but since Connor is inviting this child's best friend, should I pay for another child (making total children to 8 and therefore an even number for the bowling alley - equal teams of four) so there's no repeat of the tears? I can't bear the thought of making a child cry - even though he made Connor's life a misery for most of last year. :hug:

Aarrrgh, I wish his birthday was in Summer so that I could just have a house party!!!

Does anyone else think the prices are a bit steep as well? They get a game of bowling, a gift and a meal. All in an hour and a half.
In love there are two things - bodies and words.

Messages In This Thread
Parties - by Cali - 23-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Parties - by pumba - 23-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Parties - by sooibrand - 23-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Parties - by Venus - 23-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Parties - by Cali - 23-01-2005, 08:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kiddies Parties Pampered 8 5,297 06-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Cali
  Children's birthday parties.... 0 6,254 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: