Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premiership attendances down sharply
Oom Rob Wrote:I used to enjoy football, but it is no longer the game I used to know. There was a huge discussion about this very same thing here in Yorkshire the other day and the cost factor was one of the points raised regarding the drop in attendances. Others believed that the standard of football is not as good as it used to be, whilst many thought the same as me, that football has gone "soft". Another point raised was the standard of refereeing. Recently I was sent three videos of three matches from start to finish and the inconsistancy in the refereeing was terrible to say the least. I have spoken to Clive Thomas recently about this very same factor and he was telling me that he is so appaulled at the standard of refereeing, that he would rather go shopping than watch football.

Rob I agree entirely with your viewpoints, the standard of refereeing is poor. But do you think that this is not being excacerbated by the cameras following their every action now.
I also think that people are objecting to the prices, as the players are now being paid ridiculous sums of money. This was being addressed, but Chelski have messed that up entirely. I would also say the the manner in which Chelsea have gone about putting together their team, with cost being no object, hasn't helped matters at all.

Messages In This Thread
Premiership attendances down sharply - by Oom Rob - 21-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Premiership attendances down sharply - by mcamp999 - 21-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Premiership attendances down sharply - by Oom Rob - 22-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Premiership attendances down sharply - by TheDuck - 22-09-2005, 05:17 AM
Premiership attendances down sharply - by Ade - 22-09-2005, 11:41 AM