Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World at our fingertips
Quote:Originally posted by Avo
Very interesting spam! My late husband Barry was also a radio ham, and we had endless fun together with this common hobby. When we got married it was also a joke that I had my ZS licence and he was only a ZR. He was very bright and very technically minded however, and just wasn't bothered to do the morse either. I live in an extremely small rented flat in Norwich, close to the city centre, so can't really set anything up here. But I also hope to have a place of my own one day, and will see what I can get set up then. I imagine rigs are very expensive to buy these days. All I have left now is my trusty Kenwood TR 9130 (I think that is the model number ... well something like that!). I guess 2meters will be where I will start, and then take it from there. I have not organised my UK licence yet, as I have only been here 8 months, and had too much else to deal with. Yes, I am sure we could hook up on the bands one day ... Will let you know when I am organised for that possibility! I wonder if there are any other saffers here that are also hams??

73 de ZS2NU ... portable in the UK!

I look forward to it. Try http://www.rsgb.org. In Rand terms rigs here are quite expensive but you can pick up a lot of bargains 2nd hand. Practical wireless carries adverts for most of the dealerships and you should find what you are looking for. My advice would probably be to go for a 2/70 dual bander and ensure that it has programmable CTCSS available as most of the repeaters are tone accessed.
If I'm not mistaken Gaff is licenced as is John101
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT

Messages In This Thread
World at our fingertips - by spam - 21-01-2004, 10:57 PM
World at our fingertips - by Avo - 26-01-2004, 12:17 AM
World at our fingertips - by spam - 26-01-2004, 12:39 AM
World at our fingertips - by Avo - 27-01-2004, 01:10 AM
World at our fingertips - by spam - 27-01-2004, 04:28 AM