Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please HELP!!
Help and advice appreciated.

A couple of years back when I purchased my present computer I had them install Windows XP and a good anti virus package which they did and even my receipt indicates that I paid for this. (I had my computer built at our local Computer shop who have been in business for years and have/had a very good reputation and previously I had no problems with them). Recently I noticed that flashing up on my screen was the fact that I had an illegal copy of Windows installed. I went to the shop only to find new owners - the two brothers who had the shop previously had inherited it from their dad - seven months ago the brothers locked up the shop one Saturday night and dissapeared out of the country leaving thousands of pounds debt, numerous people lost their computers that the brothers were supposed to be repairing but in actual fact had repaired them, taken them to a Car Boot on the Sunday and sold them all then they vanished!! The new owner informed me that lately he has had at least a dozen people come into the shop with the same problem I have - all paid to have Windows XP put into their computers only to now find that it was an illegal copy put on - I know I should have demanded the XP disk at the time as I paid for it, but I was too trusting.

I have now obtained a legal copy of XP and want to insert it into my computer but being a computer 'idiot' I am not sure how to go about doing so.

Can one of you kindly advise me.

Thanking you in advance.
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.

Messages In This Thread
Please HELP!! - by Oom Rob - 10-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Please HELP!! - by TheDuck - 10-06-2006, 07:23 AM
Please HELP!! - by mcamp999 - 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Please HELP!! - by TheDuck - 10-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Please HELP!! - by Jangar - 10-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Please HELP!! - by Oom Rob - 13-06-2006, 02:47 AM
Please HELP!! - by Joan - 13-06-2006, 06:25 AM
Please HELP!! - by Ade - 13-06-2006, 07:55 AM