Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diets do work - when they are not diets
All men - try to be diplomatic and say that we look fine. Then we go out and buy clothes ( or in my case give up, get depressed and eat cake). Still get told that we look fine and that you love us the way we are. Bad words, very bad words. Complacency comes in and we eat cake (ooohh I love cake!). chips, chocolate , all the bad stuff.

Two months ago I finally had enough - I hated buying clothes - which always involved the dreaded changing rooms - those lights are terribleSmile I always ended up in a bad mood taking it out on T. So I went online to find my nearest Weightwatchers - 4 miles - so off I went.

Stepped on the scales and nearly fell off. Was I really that much? What happened, how did it happen and when did it happen? Got home feeling depressed about the weight but instead of reaching for cake (because we didn't have any) I had some water. For the first week I stuck ridgedly to the points plan and excercised. My weigh in came round and i had lost 6.5lbs. Wow I can do this, this is easy. Just fill up on veg and salad.

Everyone kept saying it'll slow down, you won't lose more that 2lb a week. Second week 4lbs. Third week 1.5lbs This prompted me to go out and buy an excercise bike - afterall I can ride a bike. How wrong can a girl be. I nearly died on my first ride. I forgot that on a bike you can rest your legs and the wheels carry you forward - the excercise bike does not.

Kept up the excercise and the eating sensibly. Then 5 weeks in the cravings started - pie and gravy. I don't like pie and gravy.Smile Had a pie - still don't like pie and gravy. LAst week I reached my 10% goal and in 8 weeks I have lost 25lbs. I have a way to go still but I do not feel like I am on a diet - I eat more now than I ever did and i am losing weight doing so - go figure. When we have tastings at work - I decline - no more cakes, ice cream pizza, chips etc. I have a goal in sight and I will be happy within myself again.

Messages In This Thread
Diets do work - when they are not diets - by gwasi - 27-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Diets do work - when they are not diets - by Icecub - 24-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Diets do work - when they are not diets - by Lizz - 26-06-2007, 01:44 PM