Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know your purpose gives meaning to your life...
I need a variety of influences to keep me sharp and growing in the Lord. I do believe we are created for fellowship - firstly with our Creator and then the people He has placed around us.

I live in a very beautiful place, and very often when I walk outside my heart is so filled with gratitude for what He has created for me to enjoy. It is such a natural thing to feel close to God when we do see the beauty around us.

I do need the corporate worship time - being accountable to a group of people and not just doing my own thing. It helps me to stay on the right track and it builds me up to hear where others are at with the Lord and what special things happened in their lives. I need the input of others in my life.... to lovingly and prayerfully point out my blindspots and weaknesses. I specially need their affirmation when I least deserve it.

I love reading books - it builds me up, challenges me greatly in my own personal walk with the Lord.

All these things helps me to stay balanced and challenged. Of course it doesn't and shouldn't replace my own time of fellowship with the Lord - the time that I read His word (when we buy a new car or an appliance, we get our instruction book and I believe the Bible is His instruction book for us to live our lives by), and my time talking to Him and listening to His voice. I love praying for others and see God comes through in their lives - I even pray for GlobalBuzz! Smile

All these things help me to see His purpose for my life.

Messages In This Thread
Know your purpose gives meaning to your life... - by Daniela - 29-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Know your purpose gives meaning to your life... - by Pronkertjie - 04-08-2004, 05:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Simplicity is the joy of life Pronkertjie 3 3,942 06-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Last Post: oe-la-la
  The Elastic of Life! Daniela 2 3,866 29-07-2004, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Joan
  Spread your life's sails to catch the right Wind Pronkertjie 0 2,617 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: