Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help! Bladder and Speech! Worried Mum!
Quote:Originally posted by nessduck
oh poppet, i can really empathise!! though i am no expert, only a mom, it sounds like the little one is really anxious and nervous at the childminders. does he resist when you drop him off??? i would say just shower him with lots of love, don't refer to the accidents, and he's sure to be dry again soon. maybe the woman makes him really nervous when he has accidents, and this has made the situation worse, with his nerves getting the better of him.... vicious circle, i know. hang in there, you are doing a great job. oh yes, ask the childminder not to reprimand him when he has an accident... i have heard that actually punishing accidents can make things worse with them getting more and more nervous and resulting in more accidents.... just a thought.

Hey ND,

He never used to resist, lately he's been asking me if we can go home when I drop him off, it's really heartbreaking when he says that, I tell him to look forward to me picking him up when I've finished work. That seems to help him go through the door, knowing that I'll be there to fetch him later.....

Thanks for the motivation, sometimes I wonder if I'm doing the right or wrong things, special being a single mum, you don't have anyone around to bounce ideas off of.

I've always given him loads of love and affection, that's never starved of in our house Wink......

I've tried to tell her not to reprimand him, it's quite difficult sometimes, cause you don't have a handle on what goes on there, and you don't know what they do once you've left the house for work .....

I will ignore it though and not make a fuss about it and he'll eventually come right....

Thanks for all the help and advice!

Messages In This Thread
Please help! Bladder and Speech! Worried Mum! - by Poppet - 22-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Please help! Bladder and Speech! Worried Mum! - by Poppet - 22-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Please help! Bladder and Speech! Worried Mum! - by Ash - 22-07-2004, 09:26 AM
Please help! Bladder and Speech! Worried Mum! - by Poppet - 22-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Please help! Bladder and Speech! Worried Mum! - by Poppet - 22-07-2004, 09:31 AM
Please help! Bladder and Speech! Worried Mum! - by Poppet - 22-07-2004, 10:12 AM