Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summers End
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
What don't you like about the Petunias, Joan? I love them, mixed with lobelias, and this year they were exceptional. The only problem is that they need to be watered daily, and I just did not manage to get there, so by now they are looking very sad petunias Sad
I added the water gel as well, but mildew is a sure sign of a lack of water! Blush

dudette, I thought I watered them sufficiently, every evening and sometimes evening in the mornings too. They did not flower as I expected them to, not like many others I have seen. I deadhead them, as I do with all my other flowers, yet they do not seem to thrive ....... they are sticky and I just do not seem to have success with them. I gave them three chances, not again!!:mad:
I also think that it is the time factor that gets to me, you does not have to water the begonias daily, I have the most gorgeous orange one in a pot, has been there for three years, it just grows every year and it is beautiful. (and I do not really like the colour orange!!!)

Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Summers End - by Bushbaby - 01-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Summers End - by Joan - 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Summers End - by dudette - 01-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Summers End - by Joan - 01-09-2004, 06:23 PM