Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone involved in Catering/ Hospitality etc
Buffalo

I don't think it's a unique problem, ie just in your area. It's hugely evident in the restaurant side of things as well.
Recruiting the right candidates, training them and keeping them seems to be an ongoing problem for most businesses.

WRT service levels etc, I was equally surprised at the "1st world service' upon arrival. However you adapt and weed out all the suppliers etc who do not conform to your ideas and spec's. Sure it's a tiresome process, but the end results once a decent ground has been established is worthwhile.

Maintaining those relationships is enjoyable - they enjoy having to "work" for something different.

I could wax lyrically about the huge "celebrity/ TV " attitude amongst some of the entrants.. but I'll save that for another day.
I guess it's a matter of hanging in there and persevering with YOUR standards and taking the best examples of whats on offer and adapting them to suit your own.

With such a huge 'pub culture' you'd think that there'd be more people who are willing to get down and dirty in the industry - sadly at present this is NOT the case when it comes to service levels IMHO.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone involved in Catering/ Hospitality etc - by Cheffie - 08-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Anyone involved in Catering/ Hospitality etc - by southeaster - 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM