Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone involved in Catering/ Hospitality etc
Sterretjie

I admire anyone that has the fortitude to actually go and wait on tables, be involved in restaurants or hotels and has the guts to say they loved it!

It's a passion of mine and see no ill in being able to serve people something that they view as magical.

If you're really that homesick for the industry.. I guess Switzerland should be looked into for the better paying areas of employment (so I'm led to believe).

The life you tend to lead is not one that can be considered "normal" by most people.. but to those of us in the industry.. it's perfectly acceptable with job satisfaction a huge plus.

I guess the better you are at your job, the more rewarding it will be in terms of finance etc..

Personally having met you (albeit briefly) I think you'd do extremely well on the F.O.H. side - it's a pity that there aren't that many people out there who are willing to make a go of it and do thewhole career thing.
Sure.. you might start as a waitress.. yet one day end up the proud owner of a chain of boutique hotels..

Everything is possible.. think about it Wink

Messages In This Thread
Anyone involved in Catering/ Hospitality etc - by Cheffie - 13-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Anyone involved in Catering/ Hospitality etc - by southeaster - 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM