Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smokers should not bedshare with babies
dudette Wrote:Read more ...

While feeling a little relieved that I have never smoked so I am not at risk, I did feel upset on behalf of mothers who do smoke and have babies. I used to find it such a godsend in the early hours of the morning when my babies were still breastfeeding three-hourly, to let them sleep next to me. I used to love snuggling up to that little body, although, granted, it wasn't very restful waking up every now and then to check we hadn't smothered him or her! :haha:
The mother/child bond is so important, so having to put your baby in its cold cot can't be right
Sad
What do you think?

I disagree....my child was in his own room in his own cot at 4 months old...i bonded perfectly well with him....:hartlik: too many incidents have happened where the child is smothered when the mom or dad have rolled over the child.... :babyroll:

Many mothers smoke but they smoke outside and not near the child....but i agree if you are saying that the mother is smoking in the vicinity of the child...confined spaces are not good......all the more so if both parents are smoking ....

Messages In This Thread
Smokers should not bedshare with babies - by Icecub - 11-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Smokers should not bedshare with babies - by lols - 11-05-2005, 06:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Babies Choice penelope 1 3,358 15-04-2005, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dudette
  Signing for babies dudette 11 6,785 04-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Court
  New law says 11-year-olds must use car seats, just like babies Pronkertjie 0 7,285 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: