Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World at our fingertips
Very interesting spam! My late husband Barry was also a radio ham, and we had endless fun together with this common hobby. When we got married it was also a joke that I had my ZS licence and he was only a ZR. He was very bright and very technically minded however, and just wasn't bothered to do the morse either. I live in an extremely small rented flat in Norwich, close to the city centre, so can't really set anything up here. But I also hope to have a place of my own one day, and will see what I can get set up then. I imagine rigs are very expensive to buy these days. All I have left now is my trusty Kenwood TR 9130 (I think that is the model number ... well something like that!). I guess 2meters will be where I will start, and then take it from there. I have not organised my UK licence yet, as I have only been here 8 months, and had too much else to deal with. Yes, I am sure we could hook up on the bands one day ... Will let you know when I am organised for that possibility! I wonder if there are any other saffers here that are also hams??

73 de ZS2NU ... portable in the UK!

Messages In This Thread
World at our fingertips - by spam - 21-01-2004, 10:57 PM
World at our fingertips - by Avo - 26-01-2004, 12:17 AM
World at our fingertips - by spam - 26-01-2004, 12:39 AM
World at our fingertips - by Avo - 27-01-2004, 01:10 AM
World at our fingertips - by spam - 27-01-2004, 04:28 AM