Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrumming and lineout rules?
Robok Wrote:Morning, Big Grin

The new scrumming laws are for safety but the "touch" bit is a farce cos really they just slap each other on the shoulder .

The main reason why sides dont compete at the lineout (normally near their own try line) is to try counteract the maul which they think may be coming once the jumper has landed,esp v England ,think thats the only thing that they are still quite good at Big Grin

Hi Robok,

I understand the safety aspect, what I am questioning is the need for monster forwards as in the old days, I think the modern game now seems to call for athletes of a different type.

Mobile, strong, athletic, stamina, as opposed to the older DOM Krag forwards of 20 or 30 years ago. Not that the forwards in those days were dom! ( I played flank , hooker and prop in my youth too)

I also understand the lineout and maul situations you describe, what I am bemoaning is the virtual lack of competition in a lot of the lineouts that I have seen recently.

Still, even after my gripes I still love watching my sport, as I am sure many others do too. (my better half claims that many wives are golf widows, but she is a rugby widow!!:rofl: )

I Was in France two weeks ago in Lyon on business, and met someFrench rugby supporters, they are really looking forward to the WC this year.
[color0blue]Dit was lekker by die see... Die Bodensee ( Lake Constance )[/color]

Messages In This Thread
Scrumming and lineout rules? - by jimswin - 26-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Scrumming and lineout rules? - by TheDuck - 26-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Scrumming and lineout rules? - by TheDuck - 26-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Scrumming and lineout rules? - by Robok - 27-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Scrumming and lineout rules? - by jimswin - 27-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Scrumming and lineout rules? - by Ade - 27-02-2007, 09:14 AM