Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Book Discussion....
Right...book discussion here....

What books would u ppl like to discuss here??

I have just finished Martina Cole "The Know"

Has anybody read it???

What did u think of the book????
I read it about 3 months ago.

I thought it was a really good book. I only have about 3 or 4 of her books, and I think it's the best so far...
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Sorry never heard of her or the book Sad
Is that the one where the prostitutes little girl dissapeared?

I was really impressed with the first book I've read but after that they all kind of blend together because it is all just a variation on the same theme, much like John Grisham.
I still love chocolate.
Quote:Originally posted by Surita

I was really impressed with the first book I've read but after that they all kind of blend together because it is all just a variation on the same theme, much like John Grisham.

Not a fan of John Grisham then? Smile

Same theme, different Story though.
What you THINK, is what you CREATE, so THINK POSITIVE! Wink

22 kgs GONE 38 kgs TO GO!!! Big Grin (3 May 2004)

yes...she has written some stunning stuff.....i love that sort of crime fiction....Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Cee
i have to agree with you here - the first time i read a m.cole it was a real page-turner but i also found them to be a case of 'read one and you've read them all' - much the same as Virginia Andrews aswell.

Most authors are like that - Wilbur Smith as an example. But people find a theme that they like, and they stick to it. I do get bored of it sometimes, though, and end up looking for new authors...
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Lots of writers does stick to one theme - however I have found that Bryce Courtenay has the ability to weave a tale about basically any country and period in history. I absolutely love his books!!! I can not believe that I've only discovered his books about a year ago.

Used to be a big fan of John Grisham's but now I just find all his books the same and kind of boring.
I still love chocolate.
Lots of writers does stick to one theme - however I have found that Bryce Courtenay has the ability to weave a tale about basically any country and period in history. I absolutely love his books!!! I can not believe that I've only discovered his books about a year ago.

Used to be a big fan of John Grisham's but now I just find all his books the same and kind of boring.

Everyone is raving about Bryce Courtenay, megtinks I will have to get some of his books. Is this the same guy who wrote the story about the boy in boarding school, The Power of One?
--Mahatma Gandhi
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Everyone is raving about Bryce Courtenay, megtinks I will have to get some of his books. Is this the same guy who wrote the story about the boy in boarding school, The Power of One?

yes he is.....

i have all of them and they are excellent...am currently reading his last book...Four Fires.....

The Potato Factory is first,
then Tommo & Hawk,
then Solomon's Song,
he has also written Jessica, Tandia and Smokey Joe's Cafe....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mary Higgins Clark - a new book nikkinaz 1 3,444 21-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Got a book, want to swap .... nikkinaz 4 4,049 18-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Pronkertjie
  So what book are you looking forward to reading next ? nikkinaz 5 4,601 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Last Post: nikkinaz
  Richard and Judy's new book list for 2005! nikkinaz 8 4,914 10-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Another Pelzer book.... nikkinaz 1 3,500 10-02-2005, 07:21 PM
  Which book ? .... nikkinaz 17 7,981 03-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Avo
  Cannot find a book....... nikkinaz 0 3,294 16-08-2004, 07:05 PM
  Book Discussion - The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agence dudette 11 7,097 01-07-2004, 05:50 AM
  Another book for June ? nikkinaz 16 8,380 17-06-2004, 05:24 PM
  Book Genres dudette 3 3,952 01-06-2004, 09:44 PM