Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fax on my phone line ??
I had broadband installed a while ago and it work fine but when i receive a tel call the line sound the same as a fax line. As soon as i disconnect from the int the line is clear again.

This don't happen everytime, but with about 80% of the calls.

I phoned my isp and bt, both say their sides are clear. I don't have a fax on the line, but did use the pc fax, but i've disabled and now uninstalled it.

What can cause this ?

Any help please.
Afrikaans Leef

Blou Bulle CC Champs 2003 / 2003
You need to buy a filter

they are quite cheap

then you can run both at the same time with no problem
Quote:Originally posted by ForumAdmin
You need to buy a filter

they are quite cheap

then you can run both at the same time with no problem

In SA you receive one filter for free and R35 extra per filter per connection thereafter.
Piet I would have thougth that whoever fitted your ADSL would have fitted a filter at the primary phone socket? Is this maybe happening on a secondary phone socket inside your house? Whatever the case filters can be bought for around a pound if you look around
Thanks guys, i have filters at the phones and to my pc, i was told ny the AOL ppl to remove them and install them one at a time, it doesn't make sense to me, but i will try it.
Afrikaans Leef

Blou Bulle CC Champs 2003 / 2003

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time To Upgrade my Phone as well (well PDA Phone) FlyingBok 7 4,907 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Time to upgrade my phone - recomm's please Cheffie 28 10,702 10-05-2006, 10:08 AM
  Mobile Phone Scam sharkattack 11 8,022 08-03-2004, 02:43 PM
  Frustrated about your mobile phone.... Pronkertjie 0 2,407 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  IEC releases mobile phone apps Newsroom 0 4,225 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: