Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You are what you eat
Hi guys,

Have any of you seen this programme? I think it is on Tuesdays, just before Wife Swap.

It is shocking how unhealthy some people are living, and amazing how Dr Gillian turns the people's lives around.
I have promptly ordered her book on Amazon and can't wait for it to arrive...
I saw this this week and was horrified... what really shocked me was all the fry ups that couple were eating and when she put out all the oil in glasses that they were eating.. I nearly vrekked! :RIP:
Yep....really interesting programme.........it is shocking though how rubbish some peoples diets are!!!!!

But what makes me really mad is the way they inflict this poor diet on their children :mad:

I didnt know there was a book from Dr Gillian....thanks Dolla...will order it Big Grin
Now, I am no food expert, but I try to eat as healthy as possible. I just couldn't believe this week's episode! That women has NEVER bought or made a salad. I live on them 5 days a week!!!

Also, she gagged and nearly vomitted when she had to eat sauarkraut (sp). Surely it is not that bad? I was amazed to see that she actually stuck out with it and lost some weight. Quite sweet that the guy actually took up rugby again.
Sometimes I think these people just don't know any better. They were brought up on a chocolate and crisps for breakfast. Vicious circle
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Yep....really interesting programme.........it is shocking though how rubbish some peoples diets are!!!!!

But what makes me really mad is the way they inflict this poor diet on their children :mad:

I didnt know there was a book from Dr Gillian....thanks Dolla...will order it Big Grin

Yep, like my previous post, I don't think they know any better. Now the poor kids has to suffer. That is just SO wrong...
Can you believe, this Dr Gillian has not had a hamburger in 15 years. I will not go that far Big Grin Surely if you eat a patty (fried in olive oil) with a whole wheat bun and low fat cheese, it is not bad for you?
Last weeks one was quite funny.......

Dr Gillian was going through their food cupboard and fridge.....and asked where the vegetables were.......the woman said they were in the supermarket!!!! Never bought vegetables...except for Christmas dinner :eek:
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Last weeks one was quite funny.......

Dr Gillian was going through their food cupboard and fridge.....and asked where the vegetables were.......the woman said they were in the supermarket!!!! Never bought vegetables...except for Christmas dinner :eek:

That is a disgrace. I would be ashamed to even say it!
I do find this programme amazing at the amount of junk that people eat in the UK is crazy. How many of them have never eaten everyday sort of veggies like salads is mind blowing. Where do these people do their shopping ? Only in the frozen food section I guess. And here the veggies and fruit although expensive, are in such an amazing variety.

I have never met a South African who did not know what an Asparagus is :dazed: yet their are folks in Britain who have never seen one.

The odd McDonalds I still think does not harm as long as it is in moderation. I have one every 3/4 months, and normally eat fresh foods everyday with plenty of fruit. Of course I enjoy junk but that is normally only allowed in small quantities over a weekend.

Her book is excellent and worth buying.
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
In that case, judging from last nights performance, I'm a KFC chicken fillet burger with chips and Gravy.Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by edmonsta
In that case, judging from last nights performance, I'm a KFC chicken fillet burger with chips and Gravy.Big Grin

LOL, nothing wrong with THAT Big Grin