Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Hat Full of Sky
Well, I have just finished this book, and I really enjoyed it. I have never read a book by Pratchett before, but I will proababaly get a few more now.

It is written very well, with a lot of humour in it. I really do dnot know what else to say other than I would definitley recommend it!

This is probably a book my girls coud read in a few years time...

A 71/2 out of 10 (Maybe 8Wink )
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Thanks for this report back Pam!
I am always on the look out for something "new" and especially different authors to read..............

Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Thanks for this report back Pam!
I am always on the look out for something "new" and especially different authors to read..............

Big Grin

Well, this is very different to what I ususllay read. Although, it is similar to James Herbert's style.....

Big Grin
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Although a children's book - this is one which can be enjoyed by both adults and children alike. Pratchett has a humorous view of the human race and this is a delightful book to read!

He is one of my Hubby's favourite authors, and now perhaps I can move onto the other Discoworld novels - hell; we have 27 of them and I have never touched them...it is good to try a different author ! Thanks Bushbaby....! :thumbs:
[Image: bookswap_sig.gif]

The more that you read,
the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go. Dr. Seuss

"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr Seuss-
sounds good - i shall have a look when next in waterstones Smile
I love Terry Pratchett books, haven't read one in a while though!
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
I finished the book over the weekend, and I really enjoyed it. It is also along the lines of Harry Potter and written in the same kind of language (although the puns and use of language is better Smile ).

I would also give the book a 7/10.