Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bat out of Hell - An album discussion
To start of with here is the track listing:

BAT OUT OF HELL
YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH (HOT SUMMER NIGHT)
HEAVEN CAN WAIT
ALL REVVED UP WITH NO PLACE TO GO
TWO OUT OF THREE AIN'T BAD
PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Compliments of:

http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/Dropzo...tloaf.html

Where you'll also find a short bio on the man himself.

So what track does it for you or is it the album as a whole, or do you despise it and think of it as the work of a devil ??? All thoughts and opinions are welcome as long as they abide by the rules of the boards.

To me the whole album can be summed up in my all-time Meat Loaf (or is that spelt Meatloaf ? Please see / vote in my poll...)favourite track "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" which has the power of a ballad and all the rockiness it needs to be a great hit and the live versions are a sight to behold but most of all I love the baseball commentary which describes the whole song and album in a few seconds....

Thoughts and opinions please Smile
Personally its one of the few albums that all the songs actually make the hairs at the back of my neck stand up. Its absolutely awesome all of Meatloaf/Steinman music is fantastic.

Many many happy memories are relived listening to that particular album
Its the whole album not just one particular song. I certainly couldn't pick a favourite. In fact in our household there are two copies of Bat Out of Hell. One is mine and one is hubby's, neither of us will get rid of a copy. If divorce should us part there is no ways I am leaving without that album and he feels the same :haha:
I am right in assuming that you people are talking about the lp and not the cd ?
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
I am right in assuming that you people are talking about the lp and not the cd ?

Excuse the ignorance is there a difference we only have the cd!
Quote:Originally posted by lols
Excuse the ignorance is there a difference we only have the cd!

Technically no, I just prefer the lp because it shows its age... (and I am more attached to it for some reason or other)
The whole album holds bitter sweet memories for me...I used to play it in my car a lot around August to December 1995... I was nursing my mom at the time as she was dying of cancer. The tracks would either lift me or help me cry and get all the anger out of my sytem...it was my release valve when things got really tough.

Strangely now when I listen to it it brings back great memories of my mom.
Quote:Originally posted by Daniela
The whole album holds bitter sweet memories for me...I used to play it in my car a lot around August to December 1995... I was nursing my mom at the time as she was dying of cancer. The tracks would either lift me or help me cry and get all the anger out of my sytem...it was my release valve when things got really tough.

Strangely now when I listen to it it brings back great memories of my mom.

Not strange at all as there are some powerful lyrics on the album and that was an intense time for you emotionally.

Happy to hear that it brings back great memories for you Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Not strange at all as there are some powerful lyrics on the album and that was an intense time for you emotionally.

Happy to hear that it brings back great memories for you Smile

Thanks Jangar..... it does and you are right it is one of the true great albums. I must admit that one of my favourite Meatloaf songs is I'D DO ANYHTHING FOR LOVE (BUT I WON'T DO THAT).
It's a great album (I've got the CD) but my favourite track is "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth." It's probably my favourite as I can picture Meatloaf performing that particular song at the concert at Standard Bank Arena in Jo'burg. The female vocalist was on rollerskates & the two of them really bopped, as did the audience. I must add that I think Meatloaf is the best "live" artist I've seen. He had a HUGE blow up bat rise out of the floor while he sang "Bat Out of Hell". It must've been about 5 storeys high, had glowing eyes & was breathing fire. I get goosebumps just remembering! Big Grin
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Album Covers - Whats your Favourite? picanin 1 3,526 08-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Joan
  Rocking against the system - an album discussion Jangar 10 7,309 16-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Bean of Love
  First Album ever bought jimswin 12 8,042 11-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Album discussion - Mango Groove's untitled album Jangar 4 4,993 09-03-2004, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Jangar
  The Monster is Loose - Bat out of Hell 3 Jangar 0 3,266 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: