Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bat out of Hell - An album discussion
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
To quote the great Meatloaf (or is it Meat Loaf ? ([b]please vote in my poll...)) "Baby we can talk all night, but baby that is getting us nowhere..."

Seems as if everyone seems to think this is a great album so not much discussion going on...

Now here is a question to everyone, to which I admit I don't know the answer...

Who did the talking bit on "You took the words right out of my mouth" ?

Or we can compare this to his latest album "Couldn't have said it better" and how this lacks Jim Steinman's talent (Sorry but I am a huge Jim Steinman fan)

Or we can chat about the (possibly) up coming "Bat out of Hell 3" album and how it will compare to this classic...

The only I don't want for these album threads to do is to get technical, i.e. Do you think Todd's Stratocaster on track X sounds better than his ghettoblaster on track Y... Smile [/B]

Karla DeVito usually performs this on stage with Meatloaf but Ellen Foley is credited with the female lead vocals on the album.

Jan, you may find this Meat Loaf Trivia site interesting! Wink

I've not heard Meatloaf's latest album so am unable to comment.
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
PS: For anyone who may play the guitar, here are the guitar cords for "You Took The Words Right Out of My Mouth". Big Grin

Isn't Google amazing?? Big Grin Big Grin
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
Karla DeVito usually performs this on stage with Meatloaf but Ellen Foley is credited with the female lead vocals on the album.

Jan, you may find this Meat Loaf Trivia site interesting! Wink

I've not heard Meatloaf's latest album so am unable to comment.

Thanx Venus Smile

I didn't do too bad :p (8 correct answers)
Although not on Bat Out of Hell, can anyone say who was the uncredited vocalist featured on Dead Ringer for Love?
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Although not on Bat Out of Hell, can anyone say who was the uncredited vocalist featured on Dead Ringer for Love?

A wild guess would be Jim Steinman....
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
A wild guess would be Jim Steinman....

Clue

It was a female vocalist. Very very famous Big Grin
Pat Benetar ?
It was Cher!
Quote:Originally posted by Tara
It was Cher!

I'll have to give it another careful listen when I get home after work Smile

Who would have thunk ? Smile
Quote:Originally posted by "V.A.S Inc."
Personally I prefer him as an actor than a singer. Can't deny he has a "big persona" but he is nothing without Jim Steinman.

Having purchased his latest album I am in total agreement with you that Jim Steinman is a big part of Meat Loaf as it is rather 'flat' compared to the Jim Steinman productions...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Album Covers - Whats your Favourite? picanin 1 3,526 08-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Joan
  Rocking against the system - an album discussion Jangar 10 7,308 16-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Bean of Love
  First Album ever bought jimswin 12 8,041 11-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Album discussion - Mango Groove's untitled album Jangar 4 4,993 09-03-2004, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Jangar
  The Monster is Loose - Bat out of Hell 3 Jangar 0 3,266 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: