Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bread...
Everytime i seem to eat bread...my tummy gives me endless problems.....i bloat up and my tummy gets sore.....okay i have IBS...but is bread actually irritating it??? i would hate to give up my bread but if the bread is making my tummy feel worse...i guess i will have to....Sad and it does not matter what bread i eat...i still feel sore.....

Does anybody else have this problem???
I have heard of this before. I don't suffer from it but perhaps its something to do with the yeast or gluten or flour. I had a friend years ago who could only eat rye bread.
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Everytime i seem to eat bread...my tummy gives me endless problems.....i bloat up and my tummy gets sore.....okay i have IBS...but is bread actually irritating it??? i would hate to give up my bread but if the bread is making my tummy feel worse...i guess i will have to....Sad and it does not matter what bread i eat...i still feel sore.....

Does anybody else have this problem???

Cubbie, do you not have a gluten intolerance?
There are many products available that are gluten free.
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Cubbie, do you not have a gluten intolerance?
There are many products available that are gluten free.

i don't think so Joan....as it is only with bread.....i can eat a scone or a doughnut and be fine.....
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
i don't think so Joan....as it is only with bread.....i can eat a scone or a doughnut and be fine.....
Yeast intolerance?
Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Yeast intolerance?

maybe...i have just had a slice of bread so will see in about an hour's time....Wink
My sister in law also bloats when she eats bread. I really think it must be the yeast, as she can eat most other pastries too.....
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Cubbie, I have this problem with bread. I get dreadful heatburn and feel really yucky. The only bread which doesn't do it to me is Hovis - white (believe it or not) which doesn't have any preservatives or additives in it. So if, like me, you enjoy a lekker sarnie now and then, have a bash at Hovis.
It could be yeast intolerance or maybe even wheat intolerance...

I found these links which might help:

Go here for Wheat ->

Go here for Yeast ->
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Cubbie I think the great factor in this is the IBS, I also get bloated and have problems when I eat bread. I only eat malted wholewheat bread now and that seems to have eased things a lot.

There are certain foods with IBS that we are told to stay away from, white bread, dairy, caffeine & spicy food cause the biggest problems.
There's no place like home.............

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bread jewels 17 8,083 06-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Last Post: jewels