Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breast scan
Quote:Originally posted by sue w
I have had pains on the left side of my upper body for on and off about 3 yrs now. They range from my breast, under my arm, down my left arm and more recently in my chest. When I first got them, (in my breast) I promptly went to my GP who sent me for a mamogram and scan and I was given the all clear (also did a full chest x ray and lungs and heart appeared to be normal). Recently went to the GP with the pains in my chest and he listen to my heart with the stethoscope and said there was nothing wrong with my heart...so who knows...I just live with the discomfort Sad

Quote:Originally posted by Tara
Hi Tau

Many moons ago I had a similar pain to the one you describe. It turned out to be a muscle spasm in the muscles between the ribs. I must've lifted something heavy ( like a 14 Kilogram child! Wink ) and pulled the muscle.

Good luck, far better to rule out anything more sinister....

I have just got over something like you two are describing .... its the second time I've had it in the past 5 years .... the pain appears to be in the breast and on taking a big breath ... too sore for words ... also caused breathlessness ... my doctor diagnosed costochondritis (inflamation affecting the muscle and rib) ... here is a bit of info on it .... http://www.healthsquare.com/mc/fgmc2182.htm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breast Implants - The Risks Bushbaby 22 10,837 08-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Joan
  Housework cuts breast cancer risk Pronkertjie 0 3,860 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: