Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brushing teeth
I know, I know, I'm a bad mother - I've only got a toothbrush for my baby about a month ago, and for the past 2 weeks have been trying to brush her teeth for her, but am not having much success. She'll open her mouth but the minute I try brush the little teeth, she doesn't like it and pulls away.
What would you do to get her used to brushing?
How old is she dudette?
Why don't you try brushing together & try to make it a "fun" thing.
Also are you giving her the childrens toothpaste as the normal one could be too strong for her.
Good luck.
Smile
She's 15 months, curio. I've done all those things, as well as giving her the toothbrush for her to brush her teeth herself, but all she wants to do is suck the toothpaste off! Sad
Thanks for the idea of brushing together though... will try that tonight Smile
Hi Dudette! Smile My son (aged 2) won't let me brush his teeth but loves to do his own. I make it into a fun thing by humming songs whilst brushing. We always brush our teeth together & I go down to his level so he can see how I'm doing mine. He enjoys having a good chew on his brush, which does mean that I have to replace his brush about every other month. Big Grin However, he does go through phases when he doesn't want to brush his. I don't push him, afterall, I want him to enjoy doing the brushing so that it'll become a lifelong habit & at least he'll get a new set of teeth in a few years time! :p
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Hows the brushing of the teeth going with your little one dudette?
Slowly, curio! She likes to play with the toothbrush, and definitely likes to grab the toothbrush herself, but that's as far as it gets ... I think she likes the taste of the (childrens) toothpaste!!
Never mind, :chorus: Smile
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Slowly, curio! She likes to play with the toothbrush, and definitely likes to grab the toothbrush herself, but that's as far as it gets ... I think she likes the taste of the (childrens) toothpaste!!
Never mind, :chorus: Smile

Yep dudette, these things all just take a bit of time.
Smile Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teeth Grinding Zulu_Foxtrot 2 4,039 16-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Ameniatha
  Fruit juice and teeth angelbabe 14 8,745 09-01-2004, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Jemlet