Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Execema
Not sure if that is the right spelling or not! :duh:

Anyway, my son suffers from this and has done for most of his life. Always thought it was stressbased or sensitive skin.

Was reading a 'body and soul' magazine today where the doctor stated that it could be down to food intolerance. An imbalance within the child. Such as cow's milk being difficult to digest, along with wheat, rye and general grains.

Do you think there is any truth in this? The person also cited that some sugary foods and sweets could be attributing as the friendly baterica within wasn't properly balanced.

I think I'm going to try it for a month and see if his skin improves - surely trying can't hurt too much.

I just assumed cows milk was the best you could give a child. but apparently goats is just as good.

any opinions??
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
Eczema is often present in people with allergies or perhaps food intolerance. It may be worth your while to find out more about this Cali.
Thank you Joan - and for the correct spelling! Big Grin

I really do think it's something worth looking into. I have tried practically everything else. Just the food aspect never occured to me, which is why I was so concerned with it flaring up again recently.

Thank you!
In love there are two things - bodies and words.
Cali Wrote:Thank you Joan - and for the correct spelling! Big Grin

I really do think it's something worth looking into. I have tried practically everything else. Just the food aspect never occured to me, which is why I was so concerned with it flaring up again recently.

Thank you!

My son also suffers with it but it only comes about during the winter months. His food is pretty much the same all year around. Let us know how it goes Cali!
Sadly RKAD suffers from it extremely during winter

Sad

the clothing worn in winter doesn't allow for air circulation etc etc
you might want to have him tested for allergies...

Otherwise...it could be that he has a deficiency in the omega-3 fatty acids, in which case fish oil, or flax oil may help..
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Ameniatha Wrote:you might want to have him tested for allergies...

Otherwise...it could be that he has a deficiency in the omega-3 fatty acids, in which case fish oil, or flax oil may help..

would Cod Liver Oil help?
I started to develop excema on my legs. In this case it is because of vericose veins (which are due to be removed soon). I aproached the doctors and pharmacists over here and was told that there was nothing they could do. This Excema was quite severe, and had even caused some open wounds.

Well, I decided to try an SA pharmacist when I was there in November!! They suggested I try an ointment called comfrey which is a herbal medicine. Anyone that knows me will know that I scoff at that type of hocus pocus. Well, I tried it and within days, the wounds were closed, and the excema is gone. I have never known anything like it to work. Could be worth a try.

http://www.miraclecomfrey.net/news.html and http://www.miraclecomfrey.net/ointment.html
mcamp999 Wrote:I started to develop excema on my legs. In this case it is because of vericose veins (which are due to be removed soon). I aproached the doctors and pharmacists over here and was told that there was nothing they could do. This Excema was quite severe, and had even caused some open wounds.

Well, I decided to try an SA pharmacist when I was there in November!! They suggested I try an ointment called comfrey which is a herbal medicine. Anyone that knows me will know that I scoff at that type of hocus pocus. Well, I tried it and within days, the wounds were closed, and the excema is gone. I have never known anything like it to work. Could be worth a try.

http://www.miraclecomfrey.net/news.html and http://www.miraclecomfrey.net/ointment.html

Comfrey is very good for alot of skin conditions. I remember as a child my mom use to drink comfrey tea. We had it growing in our garden.
TheDuck Wrote:would Cod Liver Oil help?

I would imagine that it might... Wink
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*