Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefox
mcamp999 Wrote:I found that Firefox kept on crashing, so have gone back to IE. It was good at first, but then didn't keep pace.

I've had this problem with Firefox too. Also had problems downloading Macromedia for flash pages.

However, I do like the tab feature.

One question about Firefox: where are the Favorites/Bookmarks saved to?

Clearly it's not the same Favorites folder as IE. This is important for backing up all my documents and settings.
cant remember... will check later... Smile
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
if Firefox crashes etc .. it is almost certain due to user-end problems

go to >> http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php

they provide excellent assistance for solving problems

just be aware that this is a fan site and not the official support site of mozilla

:donald:

quack

:woof:
Don't get rid of IE...
Sometimes you will hit a wall where a webpage doesn't load, or doesn't appear to be loaded correctly...
I have found this very frustrating and annoying that I cannot accomplish what I have set out to do, but then, after a flash of inspiration, tried viewing the page with IE and hey presto, it works fine.
So I do have a confidence issue with it.
Yeah, the tabs are great but you soon get bored of them.
My home page has 3 tabs open with my favourite 3 sites.
Having browsed a bit then I click Home, guess what, I get 3 more tabs so now I have 6. I find this annoying (maybe I can change a setting somewhere but I haven't explored it that much)

The bookmarks are saved in a single file (I think it may be a zip file but will have a look when I get home)

And personally I've never had any issues with IE.

And thunderbird was a pain so I don't use that at all.
:2cents:
nataliiie Wrote:I've had this problem with Firefox too. Also had problems downloading Macromedia for flash pages.

However, I do like the tab feature.

One question about Firefox: where are the Favorites/Bookmarks saved to?

Clearly it's not the same Favorites folder as IE. This is important for backing up all my documents and settings.

Saved under bookmarks. :luck:
i found mine under \Documents and settings\user\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\gobbledegook.default\bookmarks.html
and you can find backups in bookmarkbackups

ps. gobbledegook is just some random characters used for the profile, probablu different on every machine.

PPS, This is winXP
Ameniatha Wrote:I use both actually....this is because I use Firefox for normal browsing etc...and IE for my banking, cause Firefox cant do this...

I use both too but the other way around as IE keeps on coming up with errors and getting stuck when doing online banking. :wall:
Firefox is certainly better for online banking as practically all of the keystroke trojans are aimed at IE

don't be suprised if you ran a 'proper' virus scan or even used a product called 'noadaware' that you find all things buried in your registry

hohum

Confusedad:
TheDuck Wrote:Firefox is certainly better for online banking as practically all of the keystroke trojans are aimed at IE

don't be suprised if you ran a 'proper' virus scan or even used a product called 'noadaware' that you find all things buried in your registry

hohum

Confusedad:

Strangely enough my problems only started when I started using PCtools antivirus and spyware programs :wall:
Jangar Wrote:Strangely enough my problems only started when I started using PCtools antivirus and spyware programs :wall:

maybe they showed you the problems you were unaware of?

just asking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mozilla / Mozilla Firefox Frame Injection Vulnerability TheDuck 1 3,483 09-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  NB - Firefox/Mozilla vulnerability TheDuck 4 4,290 18-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Firefox upgrades TheDuck 0 3,233 13-05-2005, 06:03 AM
Last Post: TheDuck
  Opera vs Firefox FlyingBok 9 5,564 04-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Upgrade to Firefox 1.02 now TheDuck 2 4,648 25-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Pronkertjie
  firefox gaining ground mcamp999 4 4,492 23-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Last Post: party boy