Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First week of school
It was Ross’ first week at “big” school last week, everything was fine and then this week he tells me he has a sore throat and cannot go to school.

Anyhow I checked everything and it was all in order.

After a little questioning and some bonding Ross tells me school is too long – ah the joys of parenting.
My kids tell me the same thing - it's too long and it's too hard!

Shame...They have already developed a dislike of school. Although,I do think it is very hard for them, they are learning far more complicated stuff than we learnt at their age.

I hope he starts enjoying it! Good luck Big Grin
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Ag shame Malcolm......Smile

They all go thru these stages......my son was and is still a cheeky devil...was at nursery and to get out of eating his lunchtime dinner....told on of the teachers that i was going to pick him early so therefore he would not have time to eat...:haha: :haha: needless to say she phoned me and confirmed .. as she thought he was telling porkies.....Smile
Well ZF, my daughter started big school this year too...(bearing in mind she is only 4 and a half). She informed me that when she "grows" small again she will go back to baby school Rolleyes

She has also developed an imaginery friend.....I don't have a problem with this but what has concerned me is that her friend only appears when she goes into school in the morning or when I talk to her about school she will tell me what her imaginery friend did at school. I have spoken to the teacher who says she has settled down fine and there are no problems so I don't knowSad .

I'm sure they will all settle down soon, its just all new and new routines etc.
Quote:Originally posted by sue w
Well ZF, my daughter started big school this year too...(bearing in mind she is only 4 and a half). She informed me that when she "grows" small again she will go back to baby school Rolleyes

She has also developed an imaginery friend.....I don't have a problem with this but what has concerned me is that her friend only appears when she goes into school in the morning or when I talk to her about school she will tell me what her imaginery friend did at school. I have spoken to the teacher who says she has settled down fine and there are no problems so I don't knowSad .

I'm sure they will all settle down soon, its just all new and new routines etc.

I think we worry too much. I must say though that the teachers here are very quick to bring up any matter if they think there may be any problem. Just imagine though, if you were back in SA your kids would not even be looking at school for a few years...
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
My son started BIG school at the beginning of January. When I ask him if he prefered Nursery to Big School he said I am a big boy now so I prefer Big School. Luckily he is only at school until 11.30 so its a very short day for him. It still manages to wear him out completely.
Quote:Originally posted by spam
I think we worry too much. I must say though that the teachers here are very quick to bring up any matter if they think there may be any problem. Just imagine though, if you were back in SA your kids would not even be looking at school for a few years...

Thanks for the reassurance Spam, ja maybe sometimes we do read into things a bit too much. I still can't wrap my brain around the age she is at going to school and I don't know if all the schools are like this but at my daughters school they don't seem to assist them much, I have to remind my duaghter to bring things home and if she forgets well tough.....it just stays at school and they don't help them in the mornings with their coats or shoes Sad
When my son started school in SA they were still very much babied.

Also I can't believe what she can do at this age that my son was only doing at 6 and a half -7 yrs old. It is amazing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  School reports..... Icecub 8 4,517 16-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Last Post: dudette
  School Fundraising - PTA Ronnie 0 3,266 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Breastfeeding Week gets underway Newsroom 0 3,565 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: