Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flowers
[buzz=2]I need help please![/buzz]

I have been asked to do the flowers and decorations for a wedding in December.

What kind of flowers are available then? Of course there are red ponsettias.... but then I don't want to let it look to Christmassy...

Any ideas anyone?

:daisy:
Pronkertjie, I suppose it depends on what the florist can obtain.... my young dispenser, Shelley got married on 2/9/05 and she had the most beautiful flowers, all in white and lilac.

used ordinary "varkore" and dutch irisses

What is the budget look like as far as flowers are concerned?

:daisy: :daisy: :daisy:
Joan Wrote:Pronkertjie, I suppose it depends on what the florist can obtain.... my young dispenser, Shelley got married on 2/9/05 and she had the most beautiful flowers, all in white and lilac.

used ordinary "varkore" and dutch irisses

What is the budget look like as far as flowers are concerned?

:daisy: :daisy: :daisy:

Shoe string budget Smile

We will be able to get the flowers cheap.... we are trying to choose a colour that will work.... and December is a bit more difficult than in the summer.
Will have to know by this weekend what we are going for... :jive:
Pronkertjie Wrote:Shoe string budget Smile

We will be able to get the flowers cheap.... we are trying to choose a colour that will work.... and December is a bit more difficult than in the summer.
Will have to know by this weekend what we are going for... :jive:

What about foliage to add colour, I know the trees will be bare by then, but the florists may come up with something?

What about berries, but then , red berries and pure white flowers?

:lovef:
Joan Wrote:What about foliage to add colour, I know the trees will be bare by then, but the florists may come up with something?

What about berries, but then , red berries and pure white flowers?

Yes.... thought of berries too Smile

The bride is going more for blue.... but I am going more for something richer like gold and another colour. She is okay with that.... but, it is her wedding after all, and I would love to make it beautiful for her. Smile

Yes, it is her wedding and you have the talents to think of something grand.... sorry I could not really be of any help...

:taped:
Joan Wrote:Yes, it is her wedding and you have the talents to think of something grand.... sorry I could not really be of any help...

:taped:

lol...

I need all the help I can get..... still need to know what flowers are available in December.... will try our friend
:mrg: too Smile
Hi Pronkertjie,

Lillies and freesia's are available over Christmas time. I love lilies! I've sent you two pictures of freesia's and lilies via e-mail....

oe-la-la Wrote:Hi Pronkertjie,

Lillies and freesia's are available over Christmas time. I love lilies! I've sent you two pictures of freesia's and lilies via e-mail....

Thanks Oe.... I like lilies too.... might be something for the church.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring Flowers Bushbaby 6 3,778 27-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Pampered
  Flowers and Cooking.... Icecub 3 3,502 16-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Bushbaby