Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Flowers
Whose planting what this year?
Bushbaby Wrote:Whose planting what this year?

Hi Bushbaby.... nice to see you around.

I am not planting any extra spring flowers this year because I am always gone when they are in bloom. There are plenty daffodils and other bulbs coming through and that will have to do. I will plant summer flowers once I'm back from Scotland in June. Don't know what yet.

:daisy:
It makes sense to not go to town if you won't be there to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

I am unsure what to plant this year. I actually settled on a colour scheme for the front garden and now just have to find the right flowers to achieve the effect I have in mind.

The backyard is mostly given over to herbs (on the porch) and some veggies and fruit in the garden proper. There isn't enough room to fit both flowers and a dedicated veggie garden in the backyard.
Bushbaby Wrote:It makes sense to not go to town if you won't be there to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

I am unsure what to plant this year. I actually settled on a colour scheme for the front garden and now just have to find the right flowers to achieve the effect I have in mind.

The backyard is mostly given over to herbs (on the porch) and some veggies and fruit in the garden proper. There isn't enough room to fit both flowers and a dedicated veggie garden in the backyard.

What will your colour scheme be? I've never had a herb garden, and always tell myself I want to start one. Maybe one day..... if I stay put long enough at one place Smile

:daisy:
Bushbaby Wrote:Whose planting what this year?

not planting niks this, being lazy as my bulbs did not flourish too well last yr, so will wait till the frost has come and gone then go and buy seedlings.....:thumbs: besides why hassle when i know i am looking for my home - so not wasting too much now...
I'm not planting anything as such in my garden as they always say you shouldn't plant iin the first year of moving into a new house, and see what comes up first.

I have decided that I will plant cherry tomatoes though in containers and perhaps some peas and beans... it all depends on the amount of sun we get in our back garden.

It is good to see we have snowdrops though Big Grin
The garden in our new house is in pretty bad shape. So I have bought some daffodils and tulips for spring flowering. For Summer flowering I have bough a box of mixed bulbs, with things like Dahlias, Gladioli and Lilium. I also treated myself to some Agapanthus (one of the prettiest plants in SA I think....) some Arum lillies, and also some Jacobean lillies.... I think they will all look glorious. I also want to go and get some roses, but I will leave that for a month or so.
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spring preparations Bushbaby 4 3,634 24-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Bushbaby
  Gearing up for Spring Bushbaby 2 2,847 11-03-2004, 01:31 PM
  Flowers and Cooking.... Icecub 3 3,502 16-02-2004, 08:47 AM
  Flowers Pronkertjie 0 4,021 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: