Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Antivirus
I used to use AVG, but picked up a very nasty critter which changed my registry and did some other nasty damage. This was not picked up by AVG. Had to reformat AGAIN. I have done some research and found another one that seems to have got good reviews and is easy to install and configure. It automatically downloads the updates. I get a popup saying the database has been updated.

FREE Avast 4 home edition Antivirus download click HERE

Quote ...... softpedia

avast! 4 Home Edition is a free complete ICSA certified antivirus software for home noncommercial use.

avast! obtained VB100% awards in 2002/3 Virus Bulletin comparative reviews under Windows XP Pro and under Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

avast! Home Edition includes the following components:

- On Demand Scanner - with Skinnable Simple Interface - just select what do you want to scan in which way and press the Play button.
- On Access Scanner - resident scanning of all files being opened, read and written and behavior blocker monitoring dangerous actions of viruses.
- E-mail scanner easily integrates with most mail clients and it checks both incoming and outgoing mails, it provides heuristic analysis of mail content to protect against new Worms.
- Boot Time Scanner - scans disks in the same way and in the same time as Windows CHKDSK does (on NT/2000/XP only).
- Explorer Scanner - right click on the object allows you to scan it.
- Screen Saver Scanner - integrates with your Screen Saver to scan PC during your coffee breaks.
- Virus Chest - safety isolated folder to store infected, suspicious and even some system files - to restore them.

Our true incremental updates are based on iAVS technology and they are available for virus definition file update and for program upgrade.
You can download and install updates by simple clicking on the iAVS icon, it can be checked and done automatically when you are On-line.

The update files of size under 100 KB are available at least twice a week and within couple of hours in the case of emergency of new virus. They are automatically downloaded, installed and loaded to avast! without restart or logoff.

Program upgrades are available time to time, they are incremental too (about 300 KB).

You will download a 60 days fully functional demo. You will obtain the free license key by E-mail after the registration
Thanks Angelbabe.
I recently switched from AVG to Avast.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free SIM Cards! Venus 5 4,375 16-02-2005, 12:22 AM
Last Post: lols
  Make your PC virus free picanin 3 3,446 06-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Free Email Accounts Strawbs 4 4,649 12-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  free antivirus Goldminer 0 4,624 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: