Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Village
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
I figured he was a) related to the group that met in rehab (the core founders of the village shown in the photo when they look in the chest earlier in the movie) or b) was Walker's brother - but given that he is Indian that is probably a slim hope.

In addition I was confused about the whole Walker family/Walker nature reserve. The brother that was killed was rich, so one can assume that the reserve was created for the express purpose of hiding the village, flight paths were diverted, etc. but it seems strange on the part of the head ranger to know that strings had been pulled for the nature reserve, yet not be curious as to why that happened.

I also figured, given the number of people resident in the Village, that there must have been other people - perhaps extended family - brought in on the deal in addition to the core group, either that or they bred like rabbits.

What say you?

Hmm, interesting. I did not know he was Indian, so obviously he can't be the brother. I found it strange that he was just sitting there while the chap was helping himself to medicine! :haha: Maybe I am just to curious, I would've had the guy ask him what the hell he was doing, and maybe add another twist to the movie.

There has to be other people involved, there were loads of them! Big Grin
I just found it amazing, that they were all stuck in the 'old age' wearing those clothes.
And then, they were trying to protect themselves and their loved ones from crime, however one of them had bad in him. It made me think though, are you born an evil person? How on earth if they have been surrounded by peace their whole lives, did that guy commit such a crime?
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Hmm, interesting. I did not know he was Indian, so obviously he can't be the brother. I found it strange that he was just sitting there while the chap was helping himself to medicine! :haha: Maybe I am just to curious, I would've had the guy ask him what the hell he was doing, and maybe add another twist to the movie.

There has to be other people involved, there were loads of them! Big Grin
I just found it amazing, that they were all stuck in the 'old age' wearing those clothes.
And then, they were trying to protect themselves and their loved ones from crime, however one of them had bad in him. It made me think though, are you born an evil person? How on earth if they have been surrounded by peace their whole lives, did that guy commit such a crime?

The fact that the ranger allowed him to take the stuff is what led me to wonder if a) he was simply lazy enough to want the job and not worry about peripherals or b) knew the full story, had guessed what was up and wasn't going to interfere.

Because he was 'simple' he had either never been taught the full distinction between good and evil or was unable to comprehend it at a more fundamental level, and thus he could not fully comprehend that his actions were wrong - hence the 'quiet room' he was put into when he got too rough.

As to whether humans can be born evil - it is not supposed to be possible but I have seen evidence to the contrary that has made me wonder.
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
The fact that the ranger allowed him to take the stuff is what led me to wonder if a) he was simply lazy enough to want the job and not worry about peripherals or b) knew the full story, had guessed what was up and wasn't going to interfere.

Because he was 'simple' he had either never been taught the full distinction between good and evil or was unable to comprehend it at a more fundamental level, and thus he could not fully comprehend that his actions were wrong - hence the 'quiet room' he was put into when he got too rough.

As to whether humans can be born evil - it is not supposed to be possible but I have seen evidence to the contrary that has made me wonder.

Yes, actually now that you mention it. I also wonder what made the guy decide to help the girl. Was it because he was curious, or did he realise? The fact that he was standing so long next to his vehicle after he has helped her over the wall, made me believe that he did realise what was going on. Especially after she told him what her surname is.

You are right, they were not told what is good and bad, and therefore did not know he was doing something wrong. But shouldn't he have realised this? Everytime he was placed in the quiet room, was because of something he did. I don't know.
Can you remember if he said sorry after he stabbed him?
Quote:Originally posted by Dolla
Yes, actually now that you mention it. I also wonder what made the guy decide to help the girl. Was it because he was curious, or did he realise? The fact that he was standing so long next to his vehicle after he has helped her over the wall, made me believe that he did realise what was going on. Especially after she told him what her surname is.

You are right, they were not told what is good and bad, and therefore did not know he was doing something wrong. But shouldn't he have realised this? Everytime he was placed in the quiet room, was because of something he did. I don't know.
Can you remember if he said sorry after he stabbed him?

As I recall, he stabbed him, put the knife on the table, walked to the door, walked back to the table, took the knife, walked back to the door, then returned to Lucius and stabbed him again. From what I could gather he did not perceive it as being wrong, although he went a bit funny when he was sitting on the porch with the 'forbidden colour' all over his hands...
i agree there were a few unanswered questions adn where i believe the plot fell a bit short
but i enjoyed the film nevertheless - suppose it was meant to keep us thinking instead of a directors / scriptwriters oversight to deal with the explanations themselves? Smile