Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Germany 2006???
Hi , all Saffers and others !
Although I can recognise Beckham from Eriksson , I am not a huge soccer/football fan ( prefer tennis anytime , F1 , long-distance running etc ) ;
thus , I ashamedly admit that have failed to follow South Africa's progress through qualifications , having pretty-much assumed that our team "must" get through to finals anyway...
After yesterdays draw , it seems that I was wrong , again?
Would anyone care to inform me : just what went wrong and when and who against?
Baaie Dankie in advance !
from R. in 3 C-cold Brussels , Belgium today
P.S. All that , whilst tiny Croatia has 2 teams in the finals : their own , and the other one , called Australia , with 8 players of Croatian origin...
mcamp is a big Bafana supporter and he should know all the ins and outs

from what I recall they messed things up badly very early on
TheDuck Wrote:mcamp is a big Bafana supporter and he should know all the ins and outs

from what I recall they messed things up badly very early on

Not at all, in fact they were going along very well and were top of their league going in to the final few games. Then they completely lost the plot to Congo who ultimately went through.

It seems that the usual in fighting at management level was partially responsible for this, although several injuries to high profile players at the wrong time also contributed.

The coach has now been fired, and Ted Dimitru (who has done very well with Kaiser Chiefs) has now been appointed as the 12th coach in 13 years http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football...470218.stm
...I'd have thought that S.A team would and should "walk it" in the African zone , and there , amazingly , they go out , losing to the war-ravaged Congo ?
Remains agreat pity , though - especially in the light of 2010 World cup!
What are your bets on 2006 Winner ?
no Nigeria, Cameroon or Senegal either

Angola, Togo and Ghana instead

Brazil were notched up as 6 - 1 in the UK with Adriano of Brazil favoured for the Golden Boot

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasy Football 2005/2006 alcap998 6 5,267 15-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Last Post: mcamp999
  Fantasy Football 2005/2006 mcamp999 343 83,081 09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Last Post: TheDuck
  Bafana bafana creeping ever closer to Germany mcamp999 8 5,580 20-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Last Post: tokoloshie
  African Cup of Nations 2006 TheDuck 0 5,977 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: