Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Ramsay - kitchen nightmares
Quote:Originally posted by Ash
I've seen a program about Ramsay - where he lets rip with his own staff in his restaurant - he treats them like absolute dirt...

yes i did feel for the chap - i thougth it was degrading who he spoke to them but i did feel the guys were taking the mick too
I watched that programme the other evening and found it facinating, bearing in mind I am not at all interested in cooking!! I agree those two guys were absolute twats, but I really don't think Ramsay needed to swear to the degree that he did. I am not a prude, and swear myself at times ... but this I felt was a bit over the top, particularly knowing it was being shot for a TV programme, with a diverse audience Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by Mark
Ash i disagree, those two so called chefs in that kitchen did not have a clue, the head chef was so lethargic he needed a good smack. They could not even cook a omlette and the state of that kitchen was disgusting.

Ahh... someone who could see more than just the swearing aspect Wink

To be a Head Chef at the ripe age of 21??? LOL.. and then to have such an attitude with the owner, nevermind that he wanted to open at least three restaurants in the major Capitals, viz NY, Paris and london Rolleyes but he couldn't get his act together in his own place...

Tut tut as the Duck would say!

And the ambition to become a TV Chef :haha:

What great ambition.... NOT!!!

Ash... I think a week in a professional kitchen might make you see things differently.. 'Faking It' I believe is also worthwhile watching and they have done a couple of Chef shows too.
Personally I don't think swearing is the issue here....ok he does swear a lot but what horrifies me the most is to think about the state of some kitchens. We like going out for dinner every now and then and some restaurants I will never go back to!!!! I think they should be gratefull for the advice and guidance they get, I mean Gordon Ramsey must now what it takes to make a great restaurant as he done it himself!
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
Anyone see tonight's programme based up north?

A lot milder than last weeks one... but exciting to see all the passion, tempers and general hubbub of the kitchen and restaurant scene :thumbs:

Just a point to stress... these people signed up for the programme - it was advertised for months last year in the Caterer - and the restauranteur/ Chef-patron was under no illusion that Chef Ramsay would be coming in hard and fast.

A worthwhile series so far... next week's one looks rather *cough* explosive Big Grin

anyone been inspired to join the madness in becoming a Chef or involved in the restaurant game yet? Wink
Never :dazed:

:p
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
anyone been inspired to join the madness in becoming a Chef or involved in the restaurant game yet? Wink

not for that salary like last night
and i cant cook !

last night he did seem more restrained but then again within 5 mins the chef was crying
he did want him fired tho didnt he?

i must rem'ber to try that rest'rant next time we drive up to the lakes !
I see there has been some negative reaction both in trade publications as well as some of the newspapers regarding Chef Ramsay and his antics.

The 21yr old hot-head apparently turned down an offer to work in his kitchens... as he wanted to become a TV celebrity Rolleyes :huge double duh: !!!

Apparently the other guy got upset that only the negative aspects were shown... and he's quite upset Rolleyes

Constructive criticism, 'free' advice from a world renowned Chef.. and the guys are bemoaning the fact that they didn't get shown in a positive light!

Any news is good news - any promotion, albeit sometimes negative - gets the restaurant's name out there. I'm sure both restauranteurs knew all this when they applied to have Chef Ramsay come in and do a critique on the restaurants that were struggling/ losing money/ losing direction etc.

This coming Tuesdays one looks rather promising Wink

I do hope they bring out the DVD box set Big Grin
i am looking 4ward to tomorros one
i was chatting at the weekend to ricks future brother in law as he is a chef - he loves watching it
Quote:Originally posted by jewels
he is a chef - he loves watching it

must be a cook's little quirk.. Wink Big Grin

C'mon Tuesday... and the DVD box set :haha:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gordon Ramsay - Hells Kitchen jewels 63 22,733 07-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Cheffie