• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gordon Ramsay - kitchen nightmares
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
must be a cook's little quirk.. Wink Big Grin

C'mon Tuesday... and the DVD box set :haha:

hehehehe must be
roll on tonight then for the show ! Big Grin
I see there has been some negative reaction both in trade publications as well as some of the newspapers regarding Chef Ramsay and his antics.

The 21yr old hot-head apparently turned down an offer to work in his kitchens... as he wanted to become a TV celebrity Rolleyes :huge double duh: !!!

Celebrity chef......
I sincerely hope he can act better than he cooks....
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
Quote:Originally posted by spam
Celebrity chef......
I sincerely hope he can act better than he cooks....

LOL Spam

I somehow don't think he's going to quite cut the mould of becoming a 'celebrity chef' - in fact quite the contrary..

I find it truly amazing the emphasis and importance bestowed upon the celebrity nature that the people here regard as sacrosanct. Its almost as if 'Well if you've not appeared on TV... then you're a nobody ' Rolleyes

Granted TV is a modern form of media which gets exploited to the fullest WRT highlighting the joys of cooking etc..

Though I do not for one minute believe its longterm effect on a sustainable young workforce being able to see through all the mud and still want to stay in the industry. Perhaps this show will go a long way to discount the actual glamour/ celebrity of being a Chef (on TV Wink LOL ) and actually get more people involved as they know they can cook better than some 21yr old hothead with grandiose plans..

Though I must add that truth is stranger than fiction... and anything is possible Smile

I somehow don't think he's going to quite cut the mould of becoming a 'celebrity chef' - in fact quite the contrary..

You are right, the only mould he will be cutting is that which is to be found in his kitchen
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
You are right, the only mould he will be cutting is that which is to be found in his kitchen

:haha:
Hey Cheffie...what u say he visits your restraunt....
en mense......

did u watch last nights? how stubborn was that owner?
and i felt sorry for stefano- the good shy chef who was annoyed he was passed over for the job as head chef
£70 a main course - i missed what that was for
just shows - imagine how ripped off u would feel paying that for a main course and it was awful !
i do feel gordon is so arrogant - do what i say and u will not fail blah blah
suppose he has some sense otherwise he wouldnt be so successful ! LOL

:haha:

nice one Spam!

DB.. Not too sure whether you're suggesting the incumbent 21yr old or Mr Ramsay himself?

I have no problem with either - just so long as they pay at the end of the meal and not expect a freebie for being celebrities.. Wink Rolleyes

Jewels..

The70 pounds was for a seafood platter - a little steep IMHO but it had to be worth it at that price. If it didn't match up to expectations... as the seafood soup ( 28 pounds if I remember correctly.. the one with the mussels in full beard LOL).. then I think he should take the advice and trim his menu accordingly.

I'm still surprised by the amount of negative reaction from the general public and the proprietors themselves - afterall, they signed up for the show... and the viewers need only change channels/ scratch the surface a little deeper etc to see something deeper Smile

It's be good to see if they do a followup show in a years time to see if the advice paid off and whether they're still in business..

As for Chef Ramsay's credentials... well he is master and commander of an empire that boasts over seven Michelin stars.. and valued in excess of 20 million Pounds.

I'm sure he's been there and got the T-shirt for it.. he's probably able to afford his own printing works Wink LOL
i will not be able to see tomorrow nights episode
please let me hear all about it ! Big Grin
i caught a tiny glimspe of this last night
lol at the waiters !!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gordon Ramsay - Hells Kitchen jewels 63 22,735 07-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Cheffie