Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's that time of year to choose our new calender
I've narrowed the field down to 5 options which are:

1: 365 Amazing Trivia Facts

Quiz yourself every day—and maybe learn a little something you didn’t know the day before. That’s the fun of trivia, and 365 TRIVIA FACTS is the calendar for die-hard trivia buffs. Speaking of which: How did enthusiasts come to be called buffs? Plus nature stuff: How much does the Pearl of Allah, the largest pearl on record, weigh? Movie stuff: Why was the “III” dropped for the film adaptation of the play The Madness of George III? And cuckoo stuff: In Switzerland, what animal brings Easter eggs?

2: Fact or Crap

Fact or Crap: This calendar outsells itself every year. It’s a fact! Based on the hit board game from University Games, the FACT OR CRAP CALENDAR presents an intriguing statement that may or may not be true, on every page. Fact or Crap: Ladybugs are named for the Virgin Mary. Fact—the name, bestowed in the Middle Ages, was originally “beetle of Our Lady.” Fact or Crap: Disney World in Orlando comprises almost exactly the same area as Manhattan. That one’s crap—at 47 square miles, Disney World is almost twice as large. Fact or Crap: The very first refrigerator was built in 1859. Your call.

3: The 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said

Our perennially bestselling black-and-white Page-A-Day Calendar returns with a hilarious year of malapropisms, gaffes, politician-speak, and plain ol’ jaw-dropping stupidity. The corporate: “Free shipping with any purchase when you pick it up at the store.” (BestBuy.com) The Freudian: “As I was telling my hus—as I was telling President Bush.” (Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice) The patently clueless: “Whaddaya mean nepotism? He’s my brother!” (Philadelphia mayor Frank Rizzo, after hiring his brother as fire commissioner) Plus perplexing newspaper headlines, weird menu items, and questionable government logic.

4: The Official Scrabble

Whip your game into shape. For the 100 million Scrabble players, this calendar is like a mini-match every day against yourself. If anyone can craft a challenge for the Scrabble lover’s mind, it’s these two guys—National Scrabble Association executive director John D. Williams and Joe Edley, the only three-time winner of the National Scrabble Championship. Here they present a year of stimulating puzzles and plays. The Name Game. Thinking in Pairs. High-Point Tiles. Four-, Five-, Six-, and Seven-Letter Shuffle. Centerpieces, Extensions, and “Un-Thinkable”: Which word in the list is not an acceptable Scrabble word—Unalive, Unlive, Unbe, or Undead?

5: Wacky Web Sites

A click of the mouse, and instant fun. ItÂ’s a year of the zaniest, most intriguing, and most entertaining destinations on the Web. The scientific: see the surprising effects of drugs on spidersÂ’ web-making capabilities. The mischievous: 500 ways to annoy your roommate. The weird: the self-explanatory ratemymullet.com. The weirder: hatsofmeat.com, where highlights include a brisket yarmulke and a cap made of Canadian bacon. Plus a museum of Ouija board history, spelunking from your desktop, and (donÂ’t try this at home) photographic documentation of what happens when you leave a strawberry Pop-Tart in the toaster too long. You wonÂ’t be able to resist taking a peek

In the case of a tie when I deem the poll to have been running long enough I'll post another poll with just the leaders / winners as options.

Happy polling.

:edit:

Oops, I hope no-one spotted that oopsie Blush
I can't decide between the Fact and the Scrabble :bigcry:
I always love the Facts one, but this year the scrabble one might be interesting. Then I am drawn to the stupid quotes .... :mmm:

Choices, choices....
dudette Wrote:I always love the Facts one, but this year the scrabble one might be interesting. Then I am drawn to the stupid quotes .... :mmm:

Choices, choices....

I know what you mean... :bigcry:
Oh Bother !!!!

We have a tie :bigcry:
The mulitudes have spoken Big Grin

Scrabble it is Smile

I just hope that it is easy to convert from paper to pc....
Jangar Wrote:The mulitudes have spoken Big Grin

Scrabble it is Smile

I just hope that it is easy to convert from paper to pc....

Oh.... may I play in Afrikaans then :p
Haven't played scrabble for ages.
Pronkertjie Wrote:Oh.... may I play in Afrikaans then :p

Only you'd think of that :haha:
Curio Wrote:Haven't played scrabble for ages.

Me either. It should prove interesting :jive:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's that time of year again... Jangar 0 5,111 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  100 things you didn't know last year dudette 0 2,894 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: