Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Molten Chocolate Cake
I love this dessert but must it be baked in ramekins? Will it collapse if baked in a cake dish? Probably adjustments also have to be made to cooking times and temperature? :help:

I don't want to have to buy ramekins. How about the larger size muffin pans? Will that work?
Toktokkie.... it looks like if you can. Butter the tins well and then add some cocoa to it. You will just be careful when you take it out. Run a knife around it before you turn it out on a hot serving dish.

Probeer is die beste geweer..... let us know how it came out.... yummy!

:daisy:

:choc:
Oooh! I saw the title of this thread & my mouth started watering! :cheeky: Please post your recipe, Toktokkie. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Venus Wrote:Oooh! I saw the title of this thread & my mouth started watering! :cheeky: Please post your recipe, Toktokkie. Smile

ditto Venus
It's also called Lava Cake. They're served warm with centers that ooze decadent, molten chocolate.
The nice thing about them is that although they sag in the middle when they get cold, they can be re-warmed in the microwave and the tops round back up again and are just as good. I love Lindt chocolates and I cut a Lindor ball in half and stuck it under them before re-heating. Yummy.

We have a place here that sells ready mixed ingredients for some wonderful desserts. This was one of them.

Somebody did tell me that it's quite a simple recipe really and can be found on the internet.
Toktokkie Wrote:It's also called Lava Cake. They're served warm with centers that ooze decadent, molten chocolate.
The nice thing about them is that although they sag in the middle when they get cold, they can be re-warmed in the microwave and the tops round back up again and are just as good. I love Lindt chocolates and I cut a Lindor ball in half and stuck it under them before re-heating. Yummy.

We have a place here that sells ready mixed ingredients for some wonderful desserts. This was one of them.

Somebody did tell me that it's quite a simple recipe really and can be found on the internet.

Yes, I looked it up on the internet too. All the recipes say that it is very easy to make.

The idea of cutting a Lindor ball sounds like just the thing to do.

Might try it sometime Smile

:daisy:
Sounds really yummy! Thanks, Toktokkie, I'll :mrg: for a recipe. :thumbs:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Here's a recipe for you all:

Hill Seafood and Chop House Molten Lava Cake

Ingredients:
Butter and sugar for ramekins
1/2 lb. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 lb. unsalted butter
6 whole eggs
1 1/2 C. sugar
1/2 C. flour

Method:
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Butter the bottom and sides of 15 4-ounce ramekins and sprinkle with sugar, tapping them to remove excess sugar. Set aside.

In the top of a double boiler or heavy bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Whisk until thoroughly melted and combined.

Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar and flour until just blended. Gradually whisk the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until combined.

Evenly divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins, using about 1/3 cup for each ramekin. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are firm and beginning to crack and the edges are set. Remove from oven and serve immediately with your favorite ice cream.

Makes 15 cakes.

Cook's note: The exterior of these should be cake-like while the center should remain soft and runny.

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/eatin...molten.htm
thanks, will have to try it
I made half this quantity and cheated. I melted the chopped up chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute then removed and stirred. I continued putting it in the microwave for 15 seconds after that, stirring and returning to the microwave until the chocolate was melted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chocolate studded Cape Malva Pudding Cheffie 1 4,814 03-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Last Post: Cheffie
  Chocolate Mousse Cheffie 0 5,010 29-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Cheffie
  Chocolate and Hazelnut torte Cheffie 0 3,656 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Bitter chocolate fondant – white chocolate centre Cheffie 0 5,890 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: