Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Births....
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
The age gap can be a blessing or a non event really - either he will be involved in everything to do with his sibling, or he will be totally disinterested. I have seen both happen before, only once have I seen an active dislike of a younger sibling, and that was because the parents had a son years after having two daughters and totally marginalised the girls once the son was born.

I am hoping that a big age gap will be a good thing!! The girls are at an age when they can be more of a help than a hindrance. They are always begging me and their dad for a baby brother (or sister) so I m sure they will be ok.

It's when they get older that an age difference becomes a problem, as they will have totally different interests. I think anything more than a 10 year age gap can be hard.

Also, there will NEVER be favouritism in my household. I endured that (to my expense) as a child, and I will never put my kids through that, it's a terrible thing)
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
Lol well in that case Pam, we will be waiting for some good news in the next year or so??? Big Grin

Just kidding....

I am also glad that we waited till now to have another. I dont think my son was emotionally ready when he was younger. But it seems like its going to be okay now. He asks all kinds of questions, and so on..

he just does not want to change nappies...*lol*
*Doer of healing rituals and keeper of brooms.*

*Water flows, Wind blows, Fire glows, Earth grows, Magic shows.*
Quote:Originally posted by Ameniatha
Lol well in that case Pam, we will be waiting for some good news in the next year or so??? Big Grin

Just kidding....

I am also glad that we waited till now to have another. I dont think my son was emotionally ready when he was younger. But it seems like its going to be okay now. He asks all kinds of questions, and so on..

he just does not want to change nappies...*lol*

I am working on itBig Grin

My sister is pregnant with her second one though, and the family will think I have done it because I am jealous (well, I am, but that's not the pointBig Grin )

I also have to lose some serious weight before I have another one..

I can understand your son not wanting to change nappies - at his age that must be a fate worse than death!
Learn as if you were going to live forever. Live as if you were going to die tomorrow.
--Mahatma Gandhi
There is a 8 and a half years difference between my son and my daughter and I tell you I wouldn't have it any other way. He was old enough to understand and was like a mother hen around his baby sister, wanted to bath her, changed nappies, washed bottles the works and very protective. It gives you a bit of a break and a chance to recharge your batteries and get excited about having another baby in the house.

The age diffs between my middle child and my youngest is 2yrs 9 months and it is awful, so much work and having a toddler who doesn't understand anything about a baby......nightmare.