Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extremely emotional songs...
Quote:Originally posted by lols
Just reading the lyrics brings a lump to my throat because they are actually as it happened.

and that is the case with me, probably Tannie Joan as well as a whole host of others. Just goes to show you. Say what you want to say to a person now because you never know when they will be gone.
Quote:Originally posted by picanin
and that is the case with me, probably Tannie Joan as well as a whole host of others. Just goes to show you. Say what you want to say to a person now because you never know when they will be gone.

Mike and the Mechanics for me too....

my Dad is still very much alive and kicking....but when we lived in SA we were on the committee of a youth football team......

all our get togethers/disco's etc always ended up with this song......used to bring a lump to my throat....and I made sure I would phone him the next morning...to say "hi I love you"!!!
Master Jack, my mom use to play it on the guitar to us when we were little

Amanda....(don't know the artist) my dad always asked my mom to play it on the piano. Ha-ha and he used to sing Liefling -Ge Korsten to my mother... such good memories

Walk of Life - Dire Straits it was my dad's favourite and I can just picture him and my mom on the dancefloor. Also anything from Neil Diamond brings a tear to my eye since my dad passed away in July he was a big fan.
Moenie kwaad gaan slaap nie, bly wakker en baklei

Bird of prey

What you are isn't written down in stone

Lover of all things RED especially wine

''aai aai die witborskraai''
Quote:Originally posted by birdie
Master Jack, my mom use to play it on the guitar to us when we were little

Amanda....(don't know the artist) my dad always asked my mom to play it on the piano. Ha-ha and he used to sing Liefling -Ge Korsten to my mother... such good memories

Walk of Life - Dire Straits it was my dad's favourite and I can just picture him and my mom on the dancefloor. Also anything from Neil Diamond brings a tear to my eye since my dad passed away in July he was a big fan.

Walk of life for me has very special memories as well. I remember when I was little, my brother was fighting in Angola and my mum would listen and cry to this song every time it came on, it was my brothers favourite song.

500 miles from the Proclaimers is special as well. It was my first love's and I favourite song.
I recently got one of those freebie cds in my Saturday paper & on it is "Some Enchanted Evening" from South Pacific. Listening to it made me cry my eyes out as it was one of my Gran's favourite songs & musicals. I remember so many many hours spent in her flat as a child & teenager & her playing the record. :bigcry: Big Grin

The lyrics are so beautiful:

Some enchanted evening
You may see a stranger,
you may see a stranger
Across a crowded room
And somehow you know,
You know even then
That somewhere you'll see her
Again and again.

Some enchanted evening
Someone may be laughin',
You may hear her laughin'
Across a crowded room
And night after night,
As strange as it seems
The sound of her laughter
Will sing in your dreams.

Who can explain it?
Who can tell you why?
Fools give you reasons,
Wise men never try.

Some enchanted evening
When you find your true love,
When you feel her call you
Across a crowded room,
Then fly to her side,
And make her your own
For all through your life you
May dream all alone.

Once you have found her,
Never let her go.
Once you have found her,
Never let her go!
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
I guess I have very different taste, songs that make me feel something inside:

KoRn - Make Me Bad

Fear Factory - Archetype

A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras

Yes i'm a freak Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One hit wonders or 80's songs Gregg 51 25,302 03-08-2006, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Jangar
  Songs that mix great together.... Jangar 0 3,845 25-06-2005, 10:55 PM
  The 20 Best Pop Songs Ever ! Jangar 38 13,521 05-12-2004, 10:01 PM
  Songs that tug on a feeling TheDuck 3 4,148 06-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Almitra
  love songs Safferbeauty 14 8,476 27-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Last Post: birdie
  Songs to make one feel better after a relationship "bust up". Curio 13 8,168 23-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Last Post: edmonsta